Did you mean: 

Error running Business Object script for Operational Reporting

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
dasfweg
Super Collector

Error running Business Object script for Operational Reporting

We are currently installing our first instance of Business Objects for use with HP PPM and ran into an issue during the schema creation/setup with the use of compression.

The exact error message below was caused by running through scripts as available, leaves error on this script because compression was not enabled originally, enabling compression should present the compression option to oracle. Since it was not enabled it failed on the script.

Start running rpt_dim_ppm_fiscal_periods.sql at NOV-10-2011 00:10:55
DECLARE
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00922: missing or invalid option
ORA-06512: at "BO_ITG.PPM_DB_UTILS", line 338
ORA-06512: at line 42

Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

We have since been instructed that compression is not supported here at EmblemHealth, but we would like to be able to proceed with the BO installation and think that it brings a lot of benefit to our business.

Does anybody  have any scripts that you are able to provide that will not require the use of compression in the DB? Or any help you can provide on how to bypass that portion of the script?

1 REPLY
dirkf
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Error running Business Object script for Operational Reporting

Hi dasfweg,

checking the knowledge-base I saw that you have already submitted a support case with us for this and received the answer that the script needs compression enabled to run  successfully. Have you verified with your team if it would be an issue to run with compression enabled just for the installation procedure and then test if you can actually run the reporting with compression disabled?

I'm not sure what the consequences of running without compression has on the daily business, you'd need to verify that on a dev environment once it's installed.

Another hint I can give you which I found in another article is the following:

The problem seems to be happening due to case-sensitivity of the schema name.
While the PPM schema name is not case-sensitive when logging in (password is though from 11g), in tables such as ALL_TAB_COLS and other tables where the schema name is stored in a column, Oracle always stores it in the uppercase.
As a result, if we are having any queries that use these tables and query the owner column, we should be supplying an upper case value.
What you should be passing is an uppercase value of the PPM schema name in your Setup Script.

Another update from the customer then went on to state:

It seems that the BOBJ Schema is case sensitive and not the PPM Schema. I re-ran the setup with the PPM Schema in upper case and it has failed. If i make the BOBJ Schema uppercase the set-up runs correctly.

Not knowing anything about Operational Reporting, I hope that this might point you in the right direction.

Best regards,

Dirk

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event