Error in Submitting the Timesheet.

Highlighted
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Error in Submitting the Timesheet.

Hi,
Whenever I submit timesheet, I a getting a error called "Data Entry Error"
"Please fix the following Problems"
"Percentage Complete cannot be 0 when Actual Effort > 0"(Snap Attached)

If I try to find the root Cause it is the '%Complete' afainst the resource Name in the Task is '0', If I change the value as '1' upto 100, the problem gets resolved. Every person in our company have the same Problem.

We like to turnoff this setting, Please advice how can I do that.

Regards,
Mahendran M
9 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Error in Submitting the Timesheet.

Snaps

Regards,
Mahendran M
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Are you using Firefox? This is one of the issues using Firefox 3.x where when you enter time into the fields, it is supposed to change your % complete accordingly but it doesn't work in FF and then you get these errors.
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

We use IE, not firefox

Regards,
Mahendran M
kev marks
Super Contributor.

We are seeing the same thing with some of our users (all of them use IE not Firefox).
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Good Day.
We have this issue if TS was rejected. In all task reset % complete but effor not reset. After trying press rework button PPMC give this error. HP support recognize that this is defect.
Good Luck
mathewtv
New Member.

We have the same problem in our deployment of the PPM. The work around we have used for this is to educate the project managers to set the tasks to 1% for the tasks that will have actual effort charged in that week.

It will be great if there was a fix for this!
Jyotir ++
Super Contributor.

Hi Mahendran Muthu,

I have seen this error earlier and for this you need to check in the TS Policy for user.May be in the policy you could have done some setting for this.

Please have a look in the TS policy setting as well as user data too. I am sure you will get some thing there for you prob.

Back Again,
Jyotir
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

I don't find any change for this in Timesheet Policy, If you find the exact information please let me know.

Regards,
Mahendran M
kev marks
Super Contributor.

To avoid the % complete errors, you need to enable the ERE (Estimated Remaining Effort) option in the project type settings of this project and go in the Cost &Effort tab.

The ERE option in listed above the Time Mgmt settings
Once you check the ERE , the users will no longer see the errors on the Percent complete when submitting the time sheets

Hope this helps
Thanks
Kevin