Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Rule for a Table Component

Highlighted
vamsee_1
Regular Collector

Error in Rule for a Table Component

I have written a rule which actually takes into consideration the total of a coulmn in a table component and does some math wih other fireds on the request form.

All these fields are required in the "Not Submitted" status which implies that the request is not yet created.

When i enter some data in the other fields which are in the rule I get a error message saying "One of the tokens in the validation was not parseable. This can be caused by an invalid token name or missing data from the field the token represnts".

The same rule works fine if I do not have all these fields in the "Not submitted" status but have them in the very first status after the request is created.

Is there a way of overcoming this problem cos I would like to have all these fields entered including the table component at the very first stage when the request is not created.
4 REPLIES

Re: Error in Rule for a Table Component

Hi,

have you tried it without the table component?
Maybe it works.

The Request ID token is set after submitting. This token is the clue between the table component and the request.

For this reason your rule can not work on creation.

Regards
Volker
vamsee_1
Regular Collector

Thanks for that clarification Volker. yes as you have mentioned the rule works fine once the request is created. Is there no way that this shortcoming can be overcome.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Can you post your rule SQL?
vamsee_1
Regular Collector

select to_number(NVL('[REQD.P.CT_HARDWARE_COST]','0'))+to_number(NVL('[REQD.P.CT_SOFTWARE_COST]','0'))+to_number(NVL('[REQD.P.CT_CONSULTANCY_COST]','0'))+to_number(NVL('[REQD.P.CT_OTHER_COST]','0'))+(to_number(NVL('[REQD.T.CT_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENT.TC.P.BFP_HOURS.TOTAL]','0'))*to_number(NVL('[REQD.P.CT_INTERNAL_RATE]','0'))),to_number(NVL('[REQD.P.CT_HARDWARE_COST]','0'))+to_number(NVL('[REQD.P.CT_SOFTWARE_COST]','0'))+to_number(NVL('[REQD.P.CT_CONSULTANCY_COST]','0'))+to_number(NVL('[REQD.P.CT_OTHER_COST]','0'))+(to_number(NVL('[REQD.T.CT_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENT.TC.P.BFP_HOURS.TOTAL]','0'))*to_number(NVL('[REQD.P.CT_INTERNAL_RATE]','0'))) from dual

This is the rule.

The validation having resource requirement is the Table component field as you canmake out. All these fields that are mentioned need to be at the "Not Submitted" status and the rule should trigger and fill in the desired fields.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event