cancel

Error after removing resource assignment from staffing profile

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
ppm914
Respected Contributor.

Error after removing resource assignment from staffing profile

We had a user who erroneously added two assignments for a position. When we tried to remove one assignment, the system did not allow us to do so. So we zeroed out the entry and selected "removed" and then saved the staffing profile.

As soon as we saved we started geting below error. It is difficult to debug and not sure what caused this issue.

any help is appreciated

An Error has Occurred     An unknown exception has occurred. Please reload the page you were editing and try again.   The following is a stack trace of the exception:
com.kintana.core.server.RuntimeBaseException:

An HP internal error has occurred. Please contact HP Project and Portfolio Management support if the problem persists. (KNTA-10023)

Exception Correlation: GUID=733772E5-5417-1401-B74F-4813C4D30F9D
Generated Time=2013/08/21-13:07:51.698 PDT
Server Node Name: kintana

4 REPLIES
ppm914
Respected Contributor.

Re: Error after removing resource assignment from staffing profile

I would like to add to this -
The staffing profile had duplicate resource assignment of a Resource to same position.Ideally system never allows to have two assignments of same resource to a position. Not sure how system allowed it and there lies the problem.
I added my name as resource pool manager and staffing profile manager and tried to remove the position. But, it did not allow to do so.
I nullified the assignment hours and then selected “Remove” and Saved the page. It removed both the positions. But now, staffing profile is throwing error and it is not opening.
randull
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Could you please share the serverlog where the error is shown?

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
ppm914
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for your response.

attached is the server log. timestamp of the issue around - 2013/08/21-12:57 PM

ppm914
Respected Contributor.
Solution

We restarted the app server and the staffing profile was no longer throwing any error.

We then removed all the duplicate assignments from front end.