The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: -The Task has been updated by another user. Please refresh to continue with your changes

Highlighted
Abhi_Agrawal
Regular Collector

Error: -The Task has been updated by another user. Please refresh to continue with your changes

Hi,

We are on PPm v7.5 SP7. We have created some projects for performance testing. When we open any project and edit any task then we are getting following error messages: -

The Task has been updated by another user. Please refresh to continue with your changes

Although other projects with same project type are working appropriately.This is happening with these projects only and other project which is using this work plan are working appropriately.

Only thing that I suspected is that OOTB project headers PM field limit as we have so many PM's and total length of the PM field is 968 char.

This is happening all the time and tester have to refresh the page and Save again.

Let me know if anyone has face this issue earlier or know resolution of this problem. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Abhi

13 REPLIES
Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

Re: Error: -The Task has been updated by another user. Please refresh to continue with your changes

may be it is because of sync service running behind, and it tries to update actuals for those specific projects,

because of that it gives that error when user updating task. can you please try to run sycn tool for that specific project.

Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Error: -The Task has been updated by another user. Please refresh to continue with your changes

Hi,

I have got this message for several times for my some projects. Main reason is users click a button one then more time. PPM server get these clicks and progress separately. So you block yourself.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Abhi_Agrawal
Regular Collector

Kerim - I also suspected this and run PMTMSync, but still getting this error :(

Abhi_Agrawal
Regular Collector

Celil - Not really, because I have also verified this issue and this is happening when you edit any task and just single click on Save/Done button. I have tried different projects/tasks, but getting same issue.
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Abhi, is it possible that an execution step runs a script that update a field in the request ? Because of this script update this field as admin and you click a button, PPM flash the update error.
Celil

& PPM Solution Architect
Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

may be any other background process is stack at for those specific task? can you please check pending table wheter any row related to that task in there

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Generally this issue comes when PPM put some LOCKS on the DB tables for updation... and if the execution is not sucessfull then these locks are not released.

Mainly such issue occurs on workbench side.... but these are also observed some time on front-end/dashboard side.

Here we are resolving such issue by checking the session locks on the DB tables from back-end and then disconnect that session.

You can use any of these below queries to identify the locks.. and check if any lock is on time mgmt or task table... if you find those tabled then disconnect that session id... it will resolve your issue.

select a.session_id,a.oracle_username, a.os_user_name, b.owner "OBJECT OWNER", b.object_name,b.object_type,a.locked_mode from(select object_id, SESSION_ID, ORACLE_USERNAME, OS_USER_NAME, LOCKED_MODE from v$locked_object) a,(select object_id, owner, object_name,object_type from dba_objects) bwhere a.object_id=b.object_id

OR

select c.owner,      c.object_name,      c.object_type,      b.sid,      b.serial#,      b.status,      b.osuser,      b.machine from v$locked_object a,      v$session       b,      dba_objects     cwhere b.sid = a.session_id and a.object_id = c.object_id;

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Abhi,   Utkarsh pointed a good solution. please try and inform us if it success.

Celil

& PPM Solution Architect
Abhi_Agrawal
Regular Collector

Celil - We dont have any script on execution step that updates these information. Thanks.

Abhi_Agrawal
Regular Collector

Kelim - There is no record related to these projects on pending rollups table.
Abhi_Agrawal
Regular Collector

Utkarsh - Thanks for your suggestion, but these queries have not returned any value i.e. No table locked on the database.
Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

i had this situation in one customer, but that version was 7.1, now they are running on 8 version the issue fixed after upgrade there. may be some sessions does not released and result in this error. you can investigate this with dba, while 7.5 support end.
Abhi_Agrawal
Regular Collector

Kerim - Thanks for your advice. Our DBA confirmed that there is no database session locked during that time. As you mentioned, probably upgrade is the only solution now. We are working on 9.12 Upgrade, hopefully that will resolve this issue.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event