SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Error: KNTA-10327

Hello,

User is getting error when submitting request:

"The required URL parameter: REQUEST_TYPE_ID is missing. (KNTA-10327)

I cannot find documentation anywhere regarding this error message. Please help!
8 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Re: Error: KNTA-10327

Hi Katy,

You can check the following to troubleshoot or come closer to the issue:

1. Is this error coming to only one user or all users. If only one user, then clear the browser cache, close the browser and open new one. Then login again to PPM and ask the user to submit the request again.

2. If this error is coming to all users, then check the following,

- Have you customized/modified any create request links, like in left-side menu?

- Have you re-associated or migrated this request type from another instance and after that this error started coming?

- Are there any changes made manually in the database for this request type? (I think probably not, but to make sure)

- Is this error coming only on a particular request type or all request types?

Once you check on the above things, then it will sure either resolve or bring closer to the issue. Let know what you find for each of the above, that will also help in reaching the root cause.
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Hello Darshan,

This error is only occurring with one security group of users creating one specific request type. I have matched this security group's access against other security groups that create this request type also, and there are no differences in the permissions.

I have not modified any create request links for this request type, and no migrations have been done for this request type; however, this security group was just recently added to the user access tab for the request type.

I'm not aware of any DB changes in production...typically this is not allowed.

Thank you for your help,
Katy
Donald Baron
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Katy,
Did you eventually sort this problem out of the KNTA-10327 error?
If so, please share it with me as I'm sitting with the same problem right now.
Thanks.
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Hello,

I opened a service request with HP, but our workaround was to add the user having the issue to a security group that was not experiencing the issue. I dont think this is a fix, but it worked for the time being.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Katy.
May be this help you:
Check that "This security group will be used by" is enadled for necesary items. I have added scrinshot.
Good Luck
Donald Baron
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Hi Katy,
Thank you for your response.
I found out what was causing this error message.
I had the "Visible to all users" tag set to a specific Security Group on the field, REQUEST_TYPE_ID.
This field is used to display the request number and description at the top of the Dashboard page after the "Submit" of a request. The problem is, if the user is not part of that specific Security Group, then the fields,"Request #" and "Description" are not visible to user, resulting in the KNTA-10327 error message.

SOLUTION:
Edit the "Request Type:" field on the specific Request Header Type. Click on the security Tab and the check the "Visible to all users" tag. (See the attached screenshot)

Good Luck!!
Donald
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Thanks so much Donald- This worked!!!!
Katy Cabral
Regular Collector

Closing this thread...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event