The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error In Project Creation

Highlighted
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Error In Project Creation

Hello,

We get the Error(below) while creating Projects from Requests. This was working on 7.1 SP3 but gives the error on SP5.

Has any one seen this too.

Thanks

HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward after response has been committed
com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.doForwardURL(ControlFilter.java:884)
com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.applyFilter(ControlFilter.java:756)
com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:53)
com.kintana.core.web.filter.MultipartRequestFilter.applyFilter(MultipartRequestFilter.java:79)
com.kintana.core.web.filter.I18nFilter.applyFilter(I18nFilter.java:44)
com.kintana.core.web.filter.Log4jFilter.applyFilter(Log4jFilter.java:43)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 logs.

15 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Re: Error In Project Creation

Hi Lizabeth,

Are the projects not created at all from requests? Or, are they created and then you get this error?

Also, can you check in the serverLog.txt file the error log for this and post it here?
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Thanks Darshan.

It is the log that I pasted before, that is generated in the 'Status Section' of the Request. The Server Log is exactly the same.

The project is not created and the step shows as failure with the Override Buttons at the top.

Strangely when I associte the Request Type, with a workflow, that has just the 'Create Project' Step, It works fine( with no error even on SP5). We have a workflow whish spans subworkflows and has a lot of steps.

Thanks
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Hi Lizabeth,

To create the project, do you have all the 5 required fields filled-up also on the request form, i.e. Project Type, Region, Project Manager, Start Date and End Dates?

If not, then try filling-up these fields and try creating the project, if yes, then can you send the screenshot of the execution step?
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

The Project Name and the Request id are also required, but assuming project name you must have entered and request id will come by default by itself.
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Yes Darshan, we are passing the Project Name, Region, Expected Start and End dates and the Project Manager, all the parameters that are required in the Create Project , Execution Command.

Thanks
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

You're sure the Project Type your request is trying to create is valid & enabled and is referencing a project request type that is also valid & enabled?
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Yes Eric, I created a simple workflow with just the 'Create Project' Step and linked it to my Request Type, The Project was created. However if I link the Request Type to our actual workflow, It gives an error.

We were able to create Projects successfully in SP3, However it errors out after we applied SP5.

Thanks
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

On your project request's header type, look at the field "Driving Process" and on the "Default" tab is there a value (it should be your workflow name), and is it correct?
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Eric,

I do not see any field by this name in the header, I have added the PFM - Proposal field groups to the header.

I hope I make sense.

Thanks
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Sounds like you're looking at the Proposal RHT instead of the Project RHT...
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Thanks Eric, But I did not see it in the Project RHT too.

Thanks
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

It could also be the "Workflow" field, I guess. Ours has "Driving process" and our default got overwritten when we applied SP6 (we skipped SP5) so I thought that might apply. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas...
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi.
Check the rule in RT which apply WP on create project. In this rule disabled then you request crated with defoult WF. If defaulf wf is disabled then you can't correctly create a project. Main, see rule with apply on creation action mast be set wf name in same field
Good Luck
Alexandru Saven
Regular Collector

Hi,

first of all, the correct path to check the logs is the folder created for every request in the logs folder. PPM throws this kind of error when trying to view the logs from the Web GUI - this should be fixed in SP8, I didn't check yet.

those logs will provide much better information on why the create project fails. However, keep in mind that the project type should have the appropriate request type assigned.

Best of luck
Alex
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

I was able to fix this, the issue was caused due to 'Tokens' used for fields that had validations as 'Table Components' I changed them and the creation of the Project was fine, though it does sound funny but then it was seen after we applied SP5 on 7.1.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event