The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500: Unknown error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
ArunKr
Super Collector

Hi,

Im getting 

while trying to open any requests.

Below error was found in ServerLog.txt

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 2, Size: 2

at com.kintana.core.arch.BizBeanCollection.get(BizBeanCollection.java:285)

at com.kintana.crt.util.CRTXRequestUtils.getDetailFieldValue(CRTXRequestUtils.java:1187)

at com.kintana.crt.util.RequestComponentHandler.generateParameterComponent(RequestComponentHandler.java:1406)

at com.kintana.crt.util.RequestComponentHandler.generateComponent(RequestComponentHandler.java:1480)

at com.kintana.crt.util.RequestComponentHandler.generateSection(RequestComponentHandler.java:1618)

at com.kintana.crt.util.RequestComponentHandler.generateDetailContainer(RequestComponentHandler.java:1098)

at com.kintana.crt.util.RequestComponentHandler.generateDetailContainer(RequestComponentHandler.java:1078)

at com.kintana.crt.web.ctrl.RequestDetailController.setRequest(RequestDetailController.java:454)

at com.mercury.itg.servlet.ActionMonitorFilter.doFilter(ActionMonitorFilter.java:82)

at com.mercury.itg.servlet.HibernateSessionFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionFilter.java:88)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MLUFilter.applyFilter(MLUFilter.java:110)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:59)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.applyFilter(ValidationFilter.java:218)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.doFilter(ValidationFilter.java:98)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MultipartRequestFilter.applyFilter(MultipartRequestFilter.java:85)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.applyFilter(ControlFilter.java:834)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.doFilter(ControlFilter.java:1327)

at com.mercury.itg.servlet.I18NFilter.doFilter(I18NFilter.java:40)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.Log4jFilter.applyFilter(Log4jFilter.java:51)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.PerformanceFilter.applyFilter(PerformanceFilter.java:57)

Recently I migrated the request type & workflows to Prod server and ever since Im getting this error when opening one month old requests. Im not getting this error for all the reuqests. 

Pls help me to resolve this error.

Thanks

9 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Error 500: Unknown error

Could you please try to run ./kUpdateHTML and ./kJSPCompiler. I'm not sure, but this is good reason to try.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Surendra Poosar
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Do you have any integration with Documentum?

Thanks

Surendra.

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, Arun,

we also experienced a similar issue in the past. In our case, the problem was that some of the request type rules have been invalidated by PPM upon migrating to PROD.

Check the following:

- read very carefully the migration logs;

- if the problem occurs only when opening requests, disable any apply on page load rules one by one to identify the problematic one;

- sometimes it helps to increase the verbosity of the logs, but since this is a production environment, you might get tons of unreadable logs - maybe you want to do it outside working hours.

let us know if the above helps.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
ArunKr
Super Collector

Hi Surendra,
No we do not have any integration with Documentum...
ArunKr
Super Collector

Hi Alex,
I did not face any problem in migrating the request type and it went smooth. Only problem I got was in migrating the Workflow.
Then I renamed the existing one and migrated the workflow as fresh.

Now the new requests are following new workflow and old requests are following old renamed workflow. Im able to access few of such old requests and few are failing.

Need to disable the rules and check tomorrow. Cant do it on weekdays..
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, Arun,

which error did you get while migrating the workflows?

Are you getting the error only when opening specific requests (that are linked to the workflows you have migrated?)

We usually do not recommend disabling the old entity (request type or workflow) because usually the reporting heavily relies on the name and/or entity reference. I don't know if this is the case for you, but I think it is worth mentioning.

cheers

alex

ArunKr
Super Collector

No im not getting error when opening to the requests linked to the migrated workflow/request type.

Getting error whn opening requests linked to old workflow (renamed workflow) that too not all the requests, few request. Other reqs are able to open. Not able to find out which is giving error and which is not working...

I queried the database for error request and it is pointing to renamed workflow only, so it should not be a problem I guess.

Have u ever faced such errors?

while migrating workflow, i got some unique key constraint error in some notification recipient migration views. so I migrated it as new object
ArunKr
Super Collector
Solution

Hi All,
The issue is resolved now.

After migration, the new request type contains new fields added to batch no: 3, earlier the fileds were limited to batch no:2. So the old requests doesnt have batch no 3 entry in request type_detail table and hence it was not able to open the request.

After inserting emtpy row with batch no:3 to the old requests, it was acessible.
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, Arun,

in my opinion this is more of a workaround than a solution - I think you should fix the issues from the workflow migration.

cheers

alex

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event