Did you mean: 

Error 500: Unknown error - when creating Requests

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Andrea Loi

Error 500: Unknown error - when creating Requests

Hi all,

When I create a new Reqtest, I receive this error "Error 500: Unknown error".

What is strange is that I have two users: one of them experience this problem and the other does not. These users have the same licenses and belong to the same Security Group.

Did anyone of you experience something similar or have an idea on how to investigate it?

Thanks a lot
Andrea

19 REPLIES
Cesar Roque
Regular Collector

Re: Error 500: Unknown error - when creating Requests

It seems to be a network problem, maybe it could be a problem with the proxy or something like that.
Surendra Poosar
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Andrea,

Is you PPM instance integrated with HP/EMC Documentum? If Yes then check the user access in Documentum. I think the user does not have the access to the required groups in Documentum.

Also please verify the Server logs.

Thanks
Surendra
Andrea Loi

Surendra,

yes my PPM is integrated with Documentum and the difference between the two test users is that the second one has been created yesterday with no intervention on Documentum.
So your suggestion is very very good.

Just one question more: where can I find a LOG?
I have been searching in both \server\\log and \logs folders but I found nothing.

Thanks to you all
Andrea

Surendra Poosar
Frequent Visitor

Andrea,

The log which I am refering to is the Server Log in the \server\\log.

Our instance is 8.02 and these type of errors are generally included in the server log.

Thanks
Surendra
M Santosh Kumar
Super Collector

Hi Andrea,

Check with HP on this, as we have faced similar issue for proposals, when ever save draft proposals are submitted we used to get 'Error 500 : unknown error' problem.
HP has provided patch for it.

Thanks,
Kumar
Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

can you check with disableing and enablign proposal field groups. i faced same issue and solved with constant value on discount rate field.

Bruno_Iemma
Occasional Contributor

Excellent, works
Thanks Kerim
bugra
Super Collector

I have the same problem but I cannot understand Kerim's solution. Could you explain more specific ?

Also, this problem does not occur constantly. If  users retry creating request, they may create request.

Can anyone help me for this problem ?

note : I'm using PPM 9.10

iamHelena
Acclaimed Contributor

Error: 500

Hi, 

I also have the same problem, Error: 500 prompted after Submitting Proposal Request Form, but our PPM instance is not connected to EMC Documentum. What could be other reason for this error? 

Note: We're using HP PPM version 9.12

Thanks,

Helena

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Re: Error: 500

Hi, Helena,

what error do you have in the log when you get the HTTP 500 error? Please post the full stack trace.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
sonaliashah
Super Collector

One of the most frequent issues seen in 9.xx is the HTTP error. Please try and make sure that the validations are correct, check the hidden and visible parameters as the first step.

Its tedious but it helps.

Sonali S.

sonaliashah
Super Collector

Also, try and disable all the rules which will rule out any discrepancies in the validation mismatch. Then, try and disable each section in the request header field.

Open staffing profile, financial summary to check for any errors. This process should give you a hint, throw those logs here and will brainstorm further.

Sonali S.

Tweed
Super Collector

We are also experiencing the same Error 500: Unknown Error.  No changes have been made to our request type since the begining of 2011 from what I am seeing.  I am a new developer on this request type so I have been trying to understand the request itself.  I dont see any field groups defined, there are inactive fields in the header type with all validations still active and they come up when opened.  The security group is ok and made sure my security group as Admin is part of the step we are trying to hit.  I am now requesting the log file to see if anything pops out on the logs.  Any other suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tweed
Super Collector

here is the log section part i thought explaining, not sure if this is helpful or not.  The only change we did was an upgrade on ALM and SP4 patch back in November '11

ERROR JSESSIONID=1196EAC7A43D3408338273033E603970.kintana; server:http-0.0.0.0-8080-Processor23:com.kintana.web:2012/02/09-15:47:31.986 PST: java.lang.NullPointerException
 at com.kintana.wf.packet.WFStatusPanelQueryPacket.isUserAuthorizedForLineStep(WFStatusPanelQueryPacket.java:561)

at com.kintana.crt.util.RequestBatchUpdateUtil.performWfEvent(RequestBatchUpdateUtil.java:380) 
at com.kintana.crt.web.ctrl.RequestLookaheadController.lookahead(RequestLookaheadController.java:834) 
at com.mercury.itg.servlet.ActionMonitorFilter.doFilter(ActionMonitorFilter.java:82) 
at com.mercury.itg.servlet.HibernateSessionFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionFilter.java:88) 
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MLUFilter.applyFilter(MLUFilter.java:110) 
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:59) 
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.applyFilter(ValidationFilter.java:145) 
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.doFilter(ValidationFilter.java:80) 
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MultipartRequestFilter.applyFilter(MultipartRequestFilter.java:108) 
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.applyFilter(ControlFilter.java:851) 
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.doFilter(ControlFilter.java:1339) 
at com.mercury.itg.servlet.I18NFilter.doFilter(I18NFilter.java:40)
 at com.kintana.core.web.filter.Log4jFilter.applyFilter(Log4jFilter.java:51) 
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.PerformanceFilter.applyFilter(PerformanceFilter.java:57) 

parabkir
Super Collector

Hi All,

Even I am facing the same issue with our PPMC implementation (PPMC 9.12 - No integrations).

Here is what I see in server log:

ERROR JSESSIONID=AC7B84656D608FF8FA596A7F74C460F0.kintana,USERNAME=nutterml server:TP-Processor2:com.kintana.web:2012/03/19-18:36:25.459 EDT: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.kintana.crt.web.ctrl.RequestCreateConfirmController.create(RequestCreateConfirmController.java:825)
        at com.kintana.crt.web.ctrl.RequestCreateConfirmController.create(RequestCreateConfirmController.java:133)
        at com.mercury.itg.servlet.ActionMonitorFilter.doFilter(ActionMonitorFilter.java:86)
        at com.mercury.itg.servlet.HibernateSessionFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionFilter.java:88)
        at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MLUFilter.applyFilter(MLUFilter.java:111)
        at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.applyFilter(ValidationFilter.java:145)
        at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.doFilter(ValidationFilter.java:80)
        at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MultipartRequestFilter.applyFilter(MultipartRequestFilter.java:108)
        at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.applyFilter(ControlFilter.java:861)
        at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.doFilter(ControlFilter.java:1378)
        at com.mercury.itg.servlet.I18NFilter.doFilter(I18NFilter.java:40)
        at com.kintana.core.web.filter.Log4jFilter.applyFilter(Log4jFilter.java:51)
        at com.kintana.core.web.filter.PerformanceFilter.applyFilter(PerformanceFilter.java:57)

However, If I do a "Save Draft" and re-submit the request, then it gets successfully created.

Any Hints......

Thanks,
Kiran Parab
Pogonchev
HPE Expert

Hi Kiran Parab,

What you are facing is a known issue with the following id:

QCCR1L40918 PPM returns "Error 500" when submitting requests os some types

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1L40918

There is a hotfix available for this issue and you could submit a new incident to HP PPM Support to request it.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Nikola

HPE Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
parabkir
Super Collector

Hi Nikola,

I checked the link you provided. It says there is a hot fix available for this issue.

Is this useful for PPMC 9.12 also?

Kiran

Thanks,
Kiran Parab
Pogonchev
HPE Expert

Hi Kiran,

There is a hotfix available for PPM 9.11, however I am not aware if it's compatible with PPM 9.12 or not.

If possible, please submit a new incident to HP PPM Support for verification.

Thanks,

Nikola

HPE Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
parabkir
Super Collector

Thanks Nikola!

I have already submitted a support case and received the fix from HP Support.

I am going to apply it today in test instance, hopefully it will resolve our issue.

Thanks..

Thanks,
Kiran Parab
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event