Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error (0x800A044D) when trying load a project plan from ms peoject to PPM 9.22

Highlighted
CarlosMG
Acclaimed Contributor

Error (0x800A044D) when trying load a project plan from ms peoject to PPM 9.22

Buen día

Disculpen al intentar cargar un plan de proyecto al ppm me marca el siguiente mensaje de error

while trying to load a project plan to me ppm marks the following error message

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A044D): The argument value is not valid.    at Microsoft.Office.Interop.MSProject.Tables.get_Item(Object Index)    at com.hp.ppm.msp.mspdoc.MSPUtils.checkActivityField(Project prj) in c:\Kintana\PPM_MSP\SourceCode\mspIntegration\MSPdotNet\PPM_MSP_Plugin_Common\mspdoc\MSPUtils.cs:line 2011    at com.hp.ppm.msp.mspdoc.Export.exportProject(Project proj  String ppmProjectId  Boolean includeActuals) in c:\Kintana\PPM_MSP\SourceCode\mspIntegration\MSPdotNet\PPM_MSP_Plugin_Common\mspdoc\Export.cs:line 246    at com.hp.ppm.msp.mspdoc.Export.export(Project proj) in c:\Kintana\PPM_MSP\SourceCode\mspIntegration\MSPdotNet\PPM_MSP_Plugin_Common\mspdoc\Export.cs:line 99    at com.hp.ppm.msp.ui.menu.MSPMenuCustomizer.exportButton_Click(CommandBarButton Ctrl  Boolean& CancelDefault) in c:\Kintana\PPM_MSP\SourceCode\mspIntegration\MSPdotNet\PPM_MSP_Plugin_Common\ui\MSPMenuCustomizer.cs:line 744

4 REPLIES
Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Re: Error (0x800A044D) when trying load a project plan from ms peoject to PPM 9.22

Hi Carlos,

What's your version of PPM? What's the version of the MSP Plugin? (it's available in the "About" menu of the plugin).

Can you try to reproduce the issue using an English version of MS Project? I take it that you are using the Spanish version here.

You can also try to download the latest version of the MSP Plugin (there's a hotfix available to support MSP 2013), as your issue might be fixed in that version. 

Thanks,

Etienne.

CarlosMG
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Error (0x800A044D) when trying load a project plan from ms peoject to PPM 9.22

Hi Ettiene

my version of ppm is the 9.22 LP:version 44
the version of plugin is the 6.0.0007
and the ms project is 2010 in english

thanks

Carlos Muñoz

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Hi Carlos,

According to my investigations, this issue happens when the MPP file has (for some reason) no view table selected when trying to sync the Activity field with PPM, or if no view table is available.

1) Please make sure you have one table selected in your MPP file (see for example http://www.mpug.com/articles/custom-tables-in-microsoft-project-2003-2007-and-2010/ for instruction on how to select the view table)

2) If this doesn't work, try to copy all the tasks to a newly created MPP file and try again.

If everything else fails, you should open a case with HP Support.

One temporary workaround might be to NOT synch activity field with PPM, but I double that this is an acceptable option.

Thanks,

Etienne.

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Hi Carlos,

According to my investigations, this error occurs when the MPP file is corrupted or you don't have any view table available.

Please try the following:

1) Make sure to select a Table (in the View menu) and try the sync again

2) If the sync still fails, try to copy & paste all your tasks in a new blank MPP file and try again.

If it still doesn't work, you should open a ticket with HP Support.

Thanks,

Etienne.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event