Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Erik Cole's solution elaboration... BlackBerry Approval through Oracle's utl.tcp

Highlighted
EMSTEAM
Super Contributor.

Erik Cole's solution elaboration... BlackBerry Approval through Oracle's utl.tcp

with reference to a post, member "Erik Cole" made, for tickets Approval on BlackBerry. where server using Oracle's utl.tcp
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1332436

...i need to ask how he managed to handle the security hexa key in approvals column against each approval row. What does oracle bring unique into the picture. because instaed of PLSQL script i have developed script in VBScript/Shell to update ticket and approval tables. but despite all column values updating correct for approval the game seems to stuck at this encrypted hexa key for security to void lowlevel table update.

Can someone or Erik himself shed some light on why this inclusion of oracle in picture !?!

currently we are stuck with following possibilities where only sol-1 seems feasible.

1. BlackBerry-Browser can browse SC webpages (described in forums), including login pages, requests and dashboard pages (SC running on Live-IP/LAN+VPN). There is little formatting problem but is there any guide for customizing and deploying custom pages.
2. HP PPM 7.5 SP4 will include integrated email approval & notification but as a separately licensed feature.
3. 3-rd party solutions as marketed in forums are not interesting to us.

Thank you.
1 REPLY
EMSTEAM
Super Contributor.

Re: Erik Cole's solution elaboration... BlackBerry Approval through Oracle's utl.tcp

should i close thread here and open in "OV ServiceCenter/Service Manager" !?! thanks.