Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Environment Check fails

Highlighted
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Environment Check fails

Hi,

I have configured the KINTANA_SERVER environment with ssh.
When I check the config it give me the message:
All Authentication Methodes failed. Check username/password.
I check it more than once and I guess username/password are ok.

serverlog.txt give me:
server:com.kintana.env.server.EnvCheckExecutionManager Batch ID: 221739:SystemErr:2009/03/27-11:41:25.951 CET: Warning: failed to load the IJCE properties file.
Make sure that the CLASSPATH entry for IJCE is an absolute path.

Any ideas were I can find this properties file?

Regards
Volker
15 REPLIES
Sangiliraja_1
Honored Contributor.

Re: Environment Check fails

Hi,

I am getting the same error.

Do have any solution. MY server is down. Please help it is urgent.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.p
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I'm sorry. I have no solution so far.

Regards
Volker
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can ssh to the server in question from an open session on the app server?

Have you tried SSH2?
eps414
Super Contributor.

Did anyone ever get a resolution to this? I am having this problem now in a brand new 8.0 environment. We can SSH fine at command line it is only through PPM workbench I have this issue.
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

We see these errors in the serverlog.txt files concerning the IJCE properties file and I think we always have. It has caused us no problems.

In all of our environments, we select ssh2 and scp2 for the protocols. If authentication fails, it is because the id or password are incorrect or the id is locked out on the server for some reason. Try logging in to the server with the password (not preauthorized via key exchange) to verify there are no impediments to the login process.
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I have the same problem on a linux installation after upgrading the JDK.
The former JDK was a originale delivered with the suse linux and ssh within PPM was no problem.
The JDK was installed with the ppm user.

Regards
Volker
eps414
Super Contributor.

So what I'm getting out of all this is no body has a resolution to the problem. Obviously I know the username and password needs to be correct and yes I can login fine at command line with no issues. It is only via PPM WB that there is an issue.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

eps414, are you getting the same IJCE error as Volker? What do you mean when you say 'via PPM WB'? What exactly are you trying to do and what error do you get?
eps414
Super Contributor.

I am trying to execute the server portion of the environment checker for my KINTANA_SERVER environment and it is failing with a All Authentication Methodes failed error. Check username/password or keystore file. I know that the IJCE error is irrelevant but it is the only error that shows up in the serverLog when this issue happens. At command line everything is working fine for ssh and scp. I know my environment is setup properly for SSH2 and SCP2, etc...But for some reason PPM is having problems communicating with itself.

Eric
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Try this...

1- Open a shell session to your box
2- From that session, open another ssh session to the same box, using verbose output 'ssh -vv user@host'
3- See if it's waiting for some kind of feedback, a message like

The authenticity of host 'ppm.mydomain.com (10.10.4.1)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 0e:a7:9e:21:ad:a8:f5:43:0f:d2:dc:fe.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

4- if so, type 'yes' and continue to log on. Now it won't ever ask that again.
5- Once it logs you on, exit back out.
6- Retry your environment check.
eps414
Super Contributor.

Erik,

I have done that already a few times. SSH is waiting for nothing and password is a viable method turned on in the sshd_config file. Thank for the suggestion though. Any other ideas?

Eric
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

You've done that specifically FROM the PPM server? Because it will ask that question for each box you try to log in from.

Does it fail when you try from another PPM server (say Dev) environment check too?

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.
eps414
Super Contributor.

Yes on my PPM sever to my PPM server as the ppm application owner account. We are having the exact same problem in both our brandnew DEV and TEST environments. I have yes also tried connecting from DEV to TEST and TEST to DEV and get the same error.
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

What version of ssh is installed on your servers? We had to upgrade to v5 when we upgraded from PPM 6.0. Currently on our servers (running PPM 7.5):

ssh -v
OpenSSH_5.0p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8h 28 May 2008

We also had to change the permissions on the file $HOME/.ssh/config to 600 to keep ssh happy.
eps414
Super Contributor.

Here is what I am running which according to the compatibility matrix is supported.

Sun_SSH_1.1.3, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f

I do not have a config file in $HOME/.ssh/config all I have is a known_hosts file.