Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Encounering oracle error while moving/saving request.

Highlighted
ppmconsultant
Valued Contributor.

Encounering oracle error while moving/saving request.

Hi All,
I am encounering the following error while pressing an action button in a particular step/ or even pressing save button show this error :
ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column {KCRT_REQUEST_DETAILS_TH-400}

Please note that this happens only for some requests of a particular request type. There are other requests of the same request type are behaving correctly.

Can anyone who has encountered the similar error , share some thoughts as where to start troubleshooting .

Best Regards.
2 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Encounering oracle error while moving/saving request.

Hi,
Kindly see how many batches that this request type has, see whether the error request have same number of batch rows.

I have seen this error in a Query Autocomplete validation.

Look for the pattern. Kindly send snap shot if possible.

Regards,
Mahendran M

Regards,
Mahendran M
ppmconsultant
Valued Contributor.

Re: Encounering oracle error while moving/saving request.

Hi All,
I have found solution to this issue. A custom function updating the request through execution step has updated wrong values in the parameter and visible_parameter (parameter=null,visible_parameter=some value). PMMC , finding it inconsistent was unable to proceed further and KCRT_REQUEST_DETAILS_TH package threw this error. We updated the correct values from backend and the issue got resolved.

However still wondering why we landed up with 01461. There are no long columns defined in custom packages and tables. I have to find some time to do further digging.

Best Regards,