Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Email alert not going to all recipients

Highlighted
ljokirk
Super Contributor.

Email alert not going to all recipients

Does anyone have any ideas why an email alert (staffing profile resource request) would go to some of the recipients and not others?

I looked at the logs and didn't see anything. Are there other things I can check on the server or in the database to help see what's causing this?
3 REPLIES
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Email alert not going to all recipients

Here are some debugging steps that may help:
- Confirm the email address that the email is being sent to is valid in the mailserver.
- Check record in KNTA_NOTIF_TXN_PARENTS table and make sure the recepient is listed.
- If the email was sent from the PPM instance (confirm from serverLog), confirm the email record in the mailserver with the help of Netork Admin. May be there is some problem there.
Good Luck !!

-Raj
ljokirk
Super Contributor.

Raj,
I'm not seeing this type of record (Alert - New Resource Request for Staffing Profile ...) in the KNTA_NOTIF_TXN_PARENTS table. Are these alerts stored somewhere else in the database?

I'll work with our Network group to check the mail server because the email is sent from PPM. The email address has not been changed.

When you mentioned serverLog, are you referring to the server logs stored in
\server\Prod\log directory? If so, I haven't seen any email content in the above mentioned logs.

Thanks for you input.

Lisa
ljokirk
Super Contributor.

The person's mail settings were changed which caused them to not get the email alerts.