Email Reminders sent to Cancelled requests in PPM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
AshwiniC
Frequent Contributor.

Email Reminders sent to Cancelled requests in PPM

Hi all,
I'm facing a issue with cancelled requests in HP PPM.
Eventhough the request is cancelled or closed,reminder emails are sent to approvers stating that the request is awaiting thier approval in the step in which it was cancelled or closed.
What could be the possible reason?

Thanks,
Ashwini

5 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Email Reminders sent to Cancelled requests in PPM

Hi.
What type of request you use.
if this project request then may be WP is active.
AshwiniC
Frequent Contributor.

Its a user customized request which I had created. We are not attaching any Staffing Profile or Work plan to this request.

In the step I have set the notification reminder to be sent ever 2 days, as soon as the request becomes eligible in the particular step. I am wondering whether this is the root cause for this issue. Please help.
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Was the request reopened? The request status is not changed when it is reopened and will continue to display the last status, Cancelled, until the workflow advances to a step that sets a new value. Check the Approval Details display and the Status display to see if any steps are enabled.
AshwiniC
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Jim,
The request was not reopened. In fact,this issue is faced with several requests.
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Does more than One Reminders gets sent from one request after it has been cancelled ?
If only one gets sent, there is a chance of Notification delay issue when you have too many notifications queued up in the system. If I remember correctly, sometimes we have situations where Notifications which gets triggred with time value may already have been triggered but not sent yet. This usually only affects Reminders and other notifications which depend on timeout values.
Have you been noticing that reminders actually get to users a little later than it should have ?
-Raj