Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTERNAL_WEB_PORT=8010 is not available for PPM : Service node does not start

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Arjun_K

EXTERNAL_WEB_PORT=8010 is not available for PPM : Service node does not start

We are on Linux and upgraded PPM from 8.0 to 9.10 first and applied SP4.

We have two nodes set up which used to start without any issues prior to the upgrade. I was also able to start both the nodes before applying SP4 (On 9.10)

Soon after hte upgrade, I'm able to start the Service Node Only! When tried to start the user node I get the below error - Am I missing something?

Any help on this is greately appreciated.

Error On the log:
======================

STATUS server:ClusterMonitor.HeartbeatThread:com.kintana.services:2013/06/04-17:41:50.018 PDT: Services scheduler started
JAVA_HOME = /usr/jdk1.6.0_07
java version "1.6.0_07"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode)
Server will start in cluster mode...
JAVA_HOME = /usr/jdk1.6.0_07
java version "1.6.0_07"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode)
STATUS server:main:SystemOut:2013/06/04-16:42:01.647 GMT-08:00: Logging reconfiguration complete
STATUS server:main:com.kintana.core.server.ServerStartupSanity:2013/06/04-16:42:01.648 GMT-08:00: Running pre-startup checks for node kintana_sbx in clustered mode
STATUS server:main:com.kintana.core.server.ServerStartupSanity:2013/06/04-16:42:01.652 GMT-08:00: Checking: /u02/ITG/server.conf
ERROR server:main:com.kintana.core.server.ServerStartupSanity:2013/06/04-16:42:01.732 GMT-08:00:
================================================================================
The following errors were found which prevent this node starting
kintana_sbx: Port 8010 for EXTERNAL_WEB_PORT=8010 is not available for PPM.
Node kintana_sbx sanity failed.  See server log for detail.
PPM failed the pre-startup sanity checks and will not start

Please note : 
- I tried restart the service after killing all the process so as to release the port 8010 but I still face the same issue.
- If I try to start the user node first and then te service node, I see the same issue with Service Node.

Thanks,
Mallik
Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
2 REPLIES
Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert
Solution

Re: EXTERNAL_WEB_PORT=8010 is not available for PPM : Service node does not start

Hi,

The error message says it all:

The following errors were found which prevent this node starting
kintana_sbx: Port 8010 for EXTERNAL_WEB_PORT=8010 is not available for PPM.

You cannot have both PPM nodes use the same port if they are on the same physical machine, and a PPM node will not start if the port is already used by another node (here, the node you start first will take the port and prevent the second node to start).

Solution: Use a distinct EXTERNAL_WEB_PORT value for all nodes hosted on the same physical machine. 

Thanks,

Etienne.

Arjun_K

Re: EXTERNAL_WEB_PORT=8010 is not available for PPM : Service node does not start

Thank you Etienne,

Weird that my server.conf did not have EXTERNAL_WEB_PORT parameter present.

Adding this as a new parameter with available port worked and I'm now able to start both nodes.

Thanks,

Mallik

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event