The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill Down Portlets

Highlighted
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Drill Down Portlets

Hello,

I need help in configuring Drill Down portlets -

We have a portlet where we are capturing counts as columns, When I drill down on one of the counts (values of the column), it passes the number to the drill down portlet, However I want it to pass the column name's at both the Axis.

Smaple Date -
Name Yes No
Matt 19 26
Sue 23 32

So I want it to pass 'Yes' and 'Name', to the Drill Down portlet, however it passes '19' to the drill down portlet and shows no results.

Any ideas of how can this be implemented is appreciated.

Thanks for your help
3 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Drill Down Portlets

Lizabeth,

What PPM version? 7.1's "Creating Portlets and Modules" doc has a good section on drill downs and setting up your mappings between the portlets. It sounds like you may need to include static values 'Name' and 'Yes' as hidden columns in your drill from portlet if you want to pass them down, or do you mean you want to pass the VALUES for 'Yes' and 'Name'?.
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Thank Eric,

I read through the document; and am passing two Preferences and mapping them to my Drill To Portlet.

If I click on '19' in the above example, it maps 'Matt' ( Name correctly), But then passes the value '19', however I want it to pass 'Yes', so I want it to pass the 'Name' and either one of 'Yes' or 'No', but not the number, since the number will not have a value for the Drill To portlet.

Somehow If I convert this to a graphical portlet, the mapping is just fine, I think the system handles it internally, But with a List portlet, it passes the number.

Any Suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks

Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

How are Yes and No determined? Is there some kind of voting logic based on the values of the columns?

If so, I think what you would need to have that hidden column and pass that down...

Name Yes No Hidden_Col
Matt 19 26 Yes
Sue 23 32 Yes
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event