The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about the "Object Archive"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
ielito
Super Collector

Doubt about the "Object Archive"

Hi Experts,

I installed the "Object Migrator" and "HP Extension" to migrate objects of type "AOL" between different environments. I performed a test between DEV environment -> DEV.

My question is about the "Object Archive." How to configure? I should create an environment "workbench"? Where is it installed? I need a "DB_LINK"?

I really searched the manual and here on the forum but have not found answers. I am very grateful to anyone who can help me.

Best,
5 REPLIES
randull
HPE Expert

Re: Doubt about the "Object Archive"

Hi,

I would like you to refer to "HP Object Migrator Guide and Reference" document from Page -97 onwards under "Archiving AOL Object Definitions" for information on OBJECT ARCHIVE functionality.

You may download the above document from the SSO or the direct link below:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM996641/binary/PPM7.5_ObjMigGd.pdf?searchIdentifier=28c07830%3a130ff1a7252%3a510&resultType=document

Let me know in case of any further clarifications.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
ielito
Super Collector

Hi Randall,

Thank you so much for this reply.

However, my problem is a step before. The procedure I follow the manual, but as the Object Archive has been configured? Created a new environment with his name? Where is it installed?

Can you understand my need?

Best Rgds,
randull
HPE Expert

I as far as i can understand you need to migrate something. Am I right? If so, yes you have to configurate on the workbench the environments. You have to set up the destination and source environment.

Best regards,
Randall

"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
ielito
Super Collector

Randall,

Great ! Perfect ! Thank you so much....

One last doubt, please: 

In which manual I found where and how to configure this setting ?! Who installed the Object Archive was the Object Migrator, right? In the same place that the OM? I need a DB_LINK?

Best Regards,

randull
HPE Expert
Solution

Hi ielito,

You can find this information on the HP Deployment Management Configuration Guide chapter 7. The following is the link where you can get this guide.

http://swspvm71.gbr.hp.com/ppm-docs/v8.0/ppm%208%20deploymgmtconfig.pdf

Best regards,
Randall

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event