Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Does PPM allow the PM to see if all resource allocated to a profile are assigned to tasks?

Highlighted
TomVGM
New Member.

Does PPM allow the PM to see if all resource allocated to a profile are assigned to tasks?

Using PPM 9.22 latest SP I think.  9.22, 13013 08/11/2014 03:59 PM

Key desire is to provide the PM/staffing profile owner on a project the ability to EASILY view who has been allocated to a staffing profile but has not been assigned to task yet. 

Default project settings contrain logging time to tasks to they are assigned to and we limited assigning resources to tasks to those allocated to staffing profiles.

We are not using email notification for RM because the default RM notifications was set to all options before I came on board.  I have changed it since then but there is risk that PPM could blast more notifications than we want on older SP.

We could build a custom portlet but prefer not to have to do that.

The only canned PPM views I am aware of are the Resource Usage view in the workplan and Compare to Workplan in the staffing profile.  Neither of these are very well formatted and export poorly if a PM wanted to do simple sorting to find allocated resources with no scheduled effort.

Are there any other out of the box portlets, reports or views in PPM 9.22 that would a PPM to easily see a list of resources allocated on a project, the hours allocated and the scheduled effort in a simple table format?

Thanks