Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentum attach/update error

Highlighted
Canturk G TOPRA
Super Collector

Documentum attach/update error

Hi,

There is an urgent case about integration with Documentum. Whenever users want to upload any document system throws errors:

[DM_SYSOBJECT_E_NOT_LINKED]error: "Sysobject IPTV2_CRS_Workflows_Final not linked to folder /itg/Misc."

And whenever users want to update any attached document they got below error:

[DM_SYSOBJECT_E_CANT_CHANGE_PERMITS]error: "Only the IPTV2_CRS_Workflows_Final sysobject owner, superuser, and anyone with the change_permit permit can change permits."

We checked local admin user's, db user's privileges. Nothing changed. Any suggestion.

PPM version 8.02
Documentum version 6.5

Regards
Canturk
5 REPLIES
RipSandhu
Occasional Advisor

Re: Documentum attach/update error

Hi,

The second error:
"[DM_SYSOBJECT_E_CANT_CHANGE_PERMITS]error: " -- has been fixed in SP3 and there is also a hot-fix available with HPSupport which can be applied to SP2/SP1 - you may want to check with HP support for hot-fix.

The first one,
[DM_SYSOBJECT_E_NOT_LINKED]error
I am not sure of - even we have been getting that since last day so if you found any breakthrough do share!
Canturk G TOPRA
Super Collector

Hi,

Yes you are right. HP Support provided that horfix for[DM_SYSOBJECT_E_CANT_CHANGE_PERMITS] error. But the first one is not solved and nobody knows how to fix it up to now.

I will update this post if i got a fix.

Regards
RipSandhu
Occasional Advisor

For the first one [DM_SYSOBJECT_E_NOT_LINKED]error it just vanished for us now, after we did a restart of both PPM + Documentum.

Additional, you may want to try this workaround if it works!!

a) save a copy of the document on you desktop
b) remove the document from Request, then click on SAVE (see of the error occurs)
c) Again try to re-attach the renamed document and save the requests

The workaround might resteor the linkage!
Canturk G TOPRA
Super Collector

Hi RipSandhu,

Thanks for the workaround. It works.

But we have around 300 projects, 120 proposals and 40 requests. And each of them have several attachments. So applying this workaround to all these, will take a lot of time. I am following with HP Support.

Regards
philipwood
Regular Collector

We been experiencing the same issue on 9.1 in an UAT environment.

Anybody know if a hotfix is available for 9.10?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event