Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentum Error Message

Highlighted
Tatia
Occasional Contributor

Documentum Error Message

In our environment, PPM is integrated with Documentum.

User's are receiving error the message below when attempting to attach a document, open, copy or search for a request in PPM. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

------ ------ --------
Unable to create user. (KDMS-140012)

com.kintana.dms.DMSConnectionException: Unable to create user. (KDMS-140012)
at com.kintana.dms.documentum.DMSDocumentumDriver.createUser(DMSDocumentumDriver.java:324)
at com.kintana.dms.documentum.DMSDocumentumDriver.getNewConnection(DMSDocumentumDriver.java:352)
at com.kintana.dms.documentum.DMSDocumentumDriver.getTransaction(DMSDocumentumDriver.java:248)
at com.kintana.dms.DMSManager.createDMSDocument(DMSManager.java:148)

11 REPLIES
ChrisJH_1
Super Collector

Re: Documentum Error Message

We've had this error multiple times. We've resolved it multiple ways: 1) You may just need to restart all of your serices (PPM, DCTM, DCTM DocBroker, etc.) in the correct order. Or restart the server entirely if that's an option - assuming the services would then restart. 2) You may need to update the database user's privleges. The error can mean different things, so I'd start with restarting the services and see where that gets you.
Tatia
Occasional Contributor

We have restarted the services and rebooted the server. It works temporarily, sort of a Band-Aid fix.

Did updating the database user's privileges resolve the issue for you permanently? Can you tell me what you updated, or what was missing in your case?

1) You may just need to restart all of your serices (PPM, DCTM, DCTM DocBroker, etc.) in the correct order. Or restart the server entirely if that's an option - assuming the services would then restart.

2) You may need to update the database user's privleges. The error can mean different things, so I'd start with restarting the services and see where that gets you.
Krupa Shah
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Talia,

We are receiving the same error.
Do you receive an answer to your questions:
"Did updating the database user's privileges resolve the issue for you permanently? Can you tell me what you updated, or what was missing in your case? "

If so, can you please update the thread?

Thanks in advance!
Imrik Marcell
Occasional Advisor

Hello Tatia,

We also have the same situation.
Reboots have no results.
Could you share more about the solution?

Best Regards

Marcell
Dana Swanger_1
Super Collector

We have also had this happen twice over the past few weeks and rebooting Mercury/PPM and Documentum/Content server does fix it. After it happened yesterday, I took a kSupport.sh extract and opened a ticket with HP so we'll see what they say about it.

Mercury/PPM: 7.5 SP3
Documentum/Content Server: 5.3 SP5
João Costa (IP)
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

We have also the same problem - PPM7.5 - .
Any news on this from the ticket opened?

Best regards,
João Costa
DANA SWANGER
Acclaimed Contributor

Hello,

Yes, I found the solution for our server because HP gave us a little patch to get us more information in the log files when the problem happened. What I found was when PPM had a disconnect from Documentum, it would naturally try to connect back up (all normal behavior) but it was failing on authentication. We recently had our servers Centrified so the Unix user password did change but I had changed it in all the files accordingly. Apparently PPM still had the old one somewhere so I ran kConfig.sh and re-integrated Documentum. It's now been two weeks and the problem has not returned! :-)
DANA SWANGER
Acclaimed Contributor

OK, we THOUGHT we found the solution but it came back this past Sunday making it almost a month since the last time it happened. If anyone finds anything new, please post it here and I'll do the same.
DANA SWANGER
Acclaimed Contributor

EMC recommends increasing the login_ticket_timeout server config parameter so I took it from its default value of 5 minutes to 10 minutes and the problem has not returned in 4 weeks. There is apparently also a hot fix for Documentum 5.3 SP5 addressing the root cause of this issue from EMC so I informed HP about it.
pawan_infy1
Acclaimed Contributor

But there is no such parameter on PPM 7.1 "login_ticket_timeout server " . Is it available only on PPM 7.5 or higher version ?
Dana Swanger_1
Super Collector

It's a Documentum parameter, not a PPM parameter. All that does is puts a band-aid on the situation and takes it a little longer to disconnect though. I did eventually find a solution that works permanently. EMC offers a Documentum patch for bug #148355. I installed that and the disconnects haven't happened since.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event