Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying workflow parameter in request

Highlighted
b460
Regular Collector

Displaying workflow parameter in request

Hi,

Im just wondering if it is possible to display the value of a workflow parameter in a field within a request?

I currently have a execution step in the workflow acting as a counter. I would like to display the value of this counter in the request. Any ideas how to?
6 REPLIES
Jim Bowen
Super Collector

Re: Displaying workflow parameter in request

Hi - I think you would need to add another execution command, using the ksc_store command, to store the value of the counter to the request.

Jim
b460
Regular Collector

Would it be possible to update the loop_counter and run the ksc_store command in the same execution.

The loop counter is using the SQL statement SELECT [WFI.P.REVIEW_COUNTER] + 1 FROM dual

I don't think you can combine an SQL type of execution step with a command like ksc_store.

Would be a nice to have for future releases! Maybe you could submit an Enhancement request with HP. It will help in eliminating extra execution steps and help in making workflows look neater.

- Nisha Kurien
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Nisha,

I know it's been a while since this thread was opened, but you can do SQL and ksc_store in Workflow Step Command execution type.

You would use

ksc_itg_run_sql QUERY_STRING="SELECT [WFI.P.LOOP_COUNTER] + 1 FROM DUAL"

to do the SQL part of it and then use

ksc_store WFI.P.TOKEN_NAME=[SQL_OUTPUT]
ksc_store REQD.P.FIELD_TOKEN=[SQL_OUTPUT]

I forgot what the SQL query was in the orginal post, but you get the idea.

Jason

Thanks Jason! This is very useful information!
vatsan
Super Collector

Can workflow parameters WFI.P.TOKEN_NAME be used in an execution step context? For example, as stated above in the ksc_store command? I get the workflow execution FAILED message when I do that. And when I referred to the PPM documentation, it is mentioned that workflow parameters can be used only in SQL statement execution and PL/SQL statement execution. Please let me know your views. Thanks!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event