Displaying Risks, Issues under Project Details Tab

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Dominic Almeida
Regular Collector

Displaying Risks, Issues under Project Details Tab

Hi,

I want to findout, if there is a way to display the Project Controls, which are "Risks" , "Issues" and "Scope Changes"
under the "Project Details" Tab, rather than "Project Summary"

This is a requirement from the client.

Regards - Dom
12 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Displaying Risks, Issues under Project Details Tab

You can certainly remove those portlets from the Summary tab, but not add them to the Details one without modifying the code on that page. They will, by default, always appear on the References tab.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

You could create rules to populate read-only text areas (on page load) with an HTML table listing requests of that type including links to them.
One limitation: text area size <= 4000 chars

This will be quite a lot of work of course.
Dominic Almeida
Regular Collector

hi,

I was considering us ing the rules,

but will that not make the page load, a kind of Bulky when so much of SQL is getting loaded on the page load event of the "Details" tab ?

I have seen, that a custom configured portlet was loaded in the "Project Summary" section by somebody earlier than me working on the same project.

He made "Weekly Progress Report" portlet to look same like "Issues" or "Risks"

it is currently displaying above Risks section in the Project Summary Tab

BR - Dom
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

I haven't attached Portlets, but I have created a custom JSP to display a set of information based on the value in another field. There is a rule that updates the value of read-only field to call the JSP with parameters based on another field on the form in an IFRAME. This allows you to limit the size of the data on form as a whole, but can allow for an infinite amount of data to be displayed.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Creating portlets for the project overview page is basically the same as creating them for dashboard pages, just a different portlet category.
But as you said, these cannot be used on the details page. If you use a rule to populate a text area with an HTML table, it could look similar to the image I attached.
I would say the queries a fairly simple.
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

The problem with doing an HTML inside the Text Area is, as has already been pointed out, the 4000 character limit. On a large project, there could be dozens, if not hundreds or even 1000+ issues, risks, and/or Scope Changes. The JSP in an IFRAME would allow for the display of each of them and be able to have links to each of them. There are plenty of example JSPs that come with PPM to give you the basics for creating a custom JSP to collect the data and then display it in a nice table. The text area option would limit the number of requests that could be displayed.
Dominic Almeida
Regular Collector

Hi,

I guess the solution of using text area, on the details page is what I will go for

displaying.. lets say only top 5 rows, and providing a link to display the "Full Page" etc through some way pointing to a portlet to see all the risks, of if not possible then a simple text, saying "Please go to the Project Summary" tab to see all the Risks.

while using Portlet/iFrame idea, is new to me and, its a good solution.

we can use iFrame with Java Portlets within the Project Summary page, I'm definetely going to try that, as this is also one of the requirement to display some additional portlets in the Project Summary

Jayson,

will that be possible for you to provide me some help documents (online help or attachement), or step-by-step procedure to do iFrame/Portlet/Applet solution.

BR - Dom
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

I'll have to pull it together, but yes, I can provide some more details/examples of the IFRAME solution. It'll have to wait until Monday, though. This weekend is booked solid for me.
Dominic Almeida
Regular Collector

hay, thanks and I 'll wait for it.

besides , I would like to ask if anybody knows, that, is it also possibel to dislay simillar kind of portlet under the Program main page?

regards

Dominic Almeida
Regular Collector

Hi Sascha

can you provide me the procedure (steps) of what you've displayed in the attachement, for displaying tabluar records in the textarea?

thanks - Dom
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Dom,

Here is the JSP file that I use to pull some data from a custom table:

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" language="java" import="java.sql.*" errorPage="" %>
<%@ page import="java.io.*" %>
<%@ page import="java.util.*" %>
<%@ page import="java.net.*" %>
<%@ page import="javax.servlet.*" %>
<%@ page import="javax.servlet.http.*" %>
<%@ page import="com.kintana.core.web.util.*" %>
<%@ page import="com.kintana.core.server.*" %>
<%@ page import="com.kintana.core.db.*" %>
<%@ page import="com.kintana.core.util.*" %>

Order Header Information
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<% String ordNums = request.getParameter("ord");
String query = "SELECT NVL(ORDNUM, ' ') ORDNUM "
+ ", NVL(DESCRIPTION, ' ') DESCRIPTION "
+ ", NVL(RESP_CCTR, ' ') RESP_CCTR "
+ ", NVL(TO_CHAR(ST), ' ') ST "
+ ", NVL(RECV_CCTR, ' ') RECV_CCTR "
+ ", NVL(MWC, ' ') MWC "
+ ", NVL(WBS_ELEMT, ' ') WBS_ELEMT "
+ ", NVL(PLANORD, ' ') PLANORD "
+ ", NVL(REASON, ' ') REASON "
+ ", NVL(NET_EST, ' ') NET_EST "
+ ", NVL(PERSON_RESP, ' ') PERSON_RESP"
+ ", NVL(AUTH_AMT, ' ') AUTH_AMT "
+ "FROM PGE_SAP_ORDER_HEADERS "
+ "WHERE INSTR(' " + ordNums + "', ORDNUM) > 1 "
+ "ORDER BY ORDNUM";
%>

<%
if (ordNums != "")
{
try
{
RemoteBasePlugin ref_plugin = SessionData.getRemoteBasePlugin(request.getSession(false));
ServerConnectionImpl ref_serverCon = (ServerConnectionImpl)ref_plugin.getServerConnection();
DBSession ref_dbSession = ref_serverCon.getNewDBSession();
Connection myDBConnection = ref_dbSession.getConnection();
Statement stmt = myDBConnection.createStatement();
ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(query);
while(rs.next())
{
%>

<% }
stmt.close();
rs.close();
myDBConnection.close();
myDBConnection = null;
}
catch (SQLException sqle)
{
sqle.printStackTrace();
}
catch (Exception e)
{
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
%>
Order # Desc Resp Cost Center Order Status Recv Cost Center MWC WBS Planning Order Reason Code Person Resp Auth Amnt Net Est.
<%= rs.getString(1) %> <%= rs.getString(2) %> <%= rs.getString(3) %> <%= rs.getString(4) %> <%= rs.getString(5) %> <%= rs.getString(6) %> <%= rs.getString(7) %> <%= rs.getString(8) %> <%= rs.getString(9) %> <%= rs.getString(11) %> <%= rs.getString(12) %> <%= rs.getString(10) %>

Here is the Select Stmt from the Rule that is used to update a read-only field:

select '', ''
FROM DUAL
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Sascha Mohr wrote:
Creating portlets for the project overview page is basically the same as creating them for dashboard pages, just a different portlet category.
But as you said, these cannot be used on the details page. If you use a rule to populate a text area with an HTML table, it could look similar to the image I attached.
I would say the queries a fairly simple.

Hi, Sascha,

would you mind specifying how can you create a portlet in Project Overview Page which selects data specific to the current Project being displayed? I am having issues identifying, for example, the Project ID.

thanks in advance

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event