Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Disabling attachments feature

Highlighted
KayGeeEm
New Member.

Disabling attachments feature

Hi All,

I am trying to find out if the attachment feature in HP PPM can be disabled completely or not? If so how? My org uses HP PPM but we want to pursue some standardisation in document management system hence want to disable this.

Thanks,

Kay

4 REPLIES
Derek Giedd
Honored Contributor.

Re: Disabling attachments feature

I am assuming you are referring to the attachments in the references section and not a field with a validation of Attachment.

I have not tried it, but it looks like you can disable this in the KNTA_LOOKUPS table. Search this table for LOOKUP_CODE = 'ATTACHMENT'. There are 2 lookups References and Reference Type. You will probably need to make this change to both. Change enabled_flag to 'N'. You will probably need to restart the PPM application after making this change. This is not user maintainable in workbench so the change must be made directly in the database.

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Aurobinda
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

Did anyone tried this option suggested by

Derek Giedd
Honored Contributor.

FYI, I have not tried this.  This just looks like it might work or at least put you on the path to a solution.  If it works it would not be limited to a single request type. All request types would be impacted. I do not think doing this for a particular request type is possible.

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
alex-h
Super Contributor.

You can hide a Request Type section via "On Page Load" UI Rule.

You have to edit "RequestRulesUserLibrary.js", and create a JavaScript function, with appropritate commands to hide reference section via << .......style.display = "none"; >> command.

Limitation : Request Rules don't work on closed/cancelled requests.