The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Reconfirm on the fields of Request Type

Highlighted
Om Prakash Acha
Super Collector

Disabling Reconfirm on the fields of Request Type

Hi
We are using a customized PFM Proposal request type. In the status dependencies of this request type, none of the fields are marked reconfirmed in any of the statuses. Couple of fields are only marked as mandatory. While moving through the different statuses it is asking to reconfirm the values of the fields.

Could any one suggest why it is asking to reconfirm where the fields is not marked as reconfirm.

Is there any way to disable these reconfirm features on the fields.

Thanks

7 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Disabling Reconfirm on the fields of Request Type

Make Reconfirm ='Yes' for that field in that status and see how things work.

And after that make Reconfirm ='No' and try again.

If the issue persists, Plese attach the snap of the re-confirm warning, and what version of PPM you are on?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Om Prakash Acha
Super Collector

Hi
Please find the screen shots of requests along with the status dependencies.
I have already added the reconfirmed step to the fields but the result is same.

We are using PPM7.5 SP4.

Thanks
Om Prakash
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Can you Query the PPM Status Dependency tables or can you take the report 'Request Type Detail Report'(You have to make 'Show Status Dependencies' as 'Yes') for the problematic Request Type to see whether Re-confirm is actually is Yes.

Please see page number : 175 of HP Demand Management Configuration Guide and see whether there are any UI Rules.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

I saw the attachment again, Can you remove all the mandatory mark (Required =NO) in your test environment and try this?

It me it appears to be mandatory fields not the re-confirm fields, I have not extensively worked in 7.5, It is worth a try.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Phanishwar
Collector

try to put OR condition step in between steps....it happened to me if the field is required such that for workflow moves from one decision step to another.

IF field is required for two decision steps..then put OR step in between ..that will resolve...
andy mcmahon
Regular Collector

The "Or" step seems to fix the issue. Are there any repercussions to this step, or is it just a simple work around that adds steps to the workflow?

Thanks!
WW260810
Acclaimed Contributor

Thank... a "Or" step or dummy step will be the workaround for the problem
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event