Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Disable icon to remove Request/Project reference

Highlighted
eadscasa2
Frequent Contributor.

Disable icon to remove Request/Project reference

Hi,

I need disable the icon in References section that allows remove a relationship between request and project. For PPM 7.1 in table KNTA_REF_RELATIONSHIPS if I set the field READ_ONLY_FLAG=Y it works ... but for PPM 7.5 this change causes an internal error when saving the request that HP Support wont resolve because direct changes in database are not supported.

Anyone knows how to disable this button or prevent the error?

See file attached.

Best regards.
Alberto
6 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Disable icon to remove Request/Project reference

Hello Alberto,
if I got that right, all you need to do is to add the field group "project reference" to your request header type. It contains a single field that allows to reference a project. It automatically creates a reference in the reference section that cannot be removed by the user. You just need to make sure that the new project reference field is read only after the workflow step where the project reference should be made.
eadscasa2
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

The exact case is that I create a project from a request using an special command (com.kintana.core.server.execution.CreateProject) that inserts the corresponding reference in section References. The entry created is editable by final users who cans remove it and causes that most of our reports to fail.

As you can see in the document attached if I put the READ_ONLY_FLAG=Y the remove reference icon disappears but it causes an error when I save the request.

We need show this relationship but don't allow end users modify it.

Best regards.
Alberto.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Could you attach that document?
eadscasa2
Frequent Contributor.

Document attached
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ok, the system generated reference between project and request have the REF_RELATIONSHIP_IDs 452 and 453 respectively (in the table knta_references).
These two already have the read-only flag.
One way to solve your issue may be to modify the entries in KNTA_REF_RELATIONSHIPS changing the REF_RELATIONSHIP_ID (in an execution step or so).
You should not change entries in KNTA_REF_RELATIONSHIPS. Even if it would work, the reference relationship (between request and Project) would probably no longer work in other context where you would like a user to be able to add/remove project references from other requests.
eadscasa2
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks Sascha,

It works, only needs an update in KNTA_REFERENCES in order to use the required relationship.

Best regards.
Alberto