cancel

Directory Chooser on Linux using SCP2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Greg Sliva
Respected Contributor.

Directory Chooser on Linux using SCP2

We have moved many servers to Linux and found that if we setup the new Environments in PPM and set the transfer protocol to SecureCopy2 the Directory Chooser will error out with the following. If we set the Transfer Protocol to FTP it is fine. Any advice?

A PPM server plugin internal error has occurred. Please contact HP Project and Portfolio Management support if the problem persists. (KNTA-10191)
GUID=1A2239DB-1ABE-3635-493F-B6C165812F29
18 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Directory Chooser on Linux using SCP2

Greg,

That eror message is pretty vague.  Can you supply the verbiage from the serverLog.txt file at the time occurs?

Greg Sliva
Respected Contributor.

I have attached it to this post. Thanks.

Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Does the FTP Environment check work when you have it set to SCP2?

Greg Sliva
Respected Contributor.

Yes. The Environment check works fine when set to SCP. It is only the seeded Directory Chooser validation that fails.

Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Greg,

I just another thought.  One client I worked with had an issue with SCP once.  The way they fixed it was to change the Character Set for the environment and then set it back to what it should be.  While it did show a value in the workbench, there wasn't really one in the database.  I had seen other instances where the Char Set wasn't set correctly after upgrading to 8+.

Jason

Greg Sliva
Respected Contributor.

I am not following. Can you provide some more insight. Do you mean the Stream Encoding for the environment setups in the Workbench? We have them set to UTF-8 and did recognize after the upgrade that even though the Workbench showed the value, the db tables did not. We resolved that. Is this what you are describing? Thanks for you help. Much appreciated.

Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, that was what I was referring to, so since you have already addressed this, it's not the cause of the problem.  I'm not sure what the problem here is.  Have you tried creating your own directory choose validation to see if that may work?

Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Greg,

Can you find out the Open-SSH version information on the target Linux servers?  I've just been conversing with another associate I work with and he is experiencing the same thing where the targer systems are Linux.

Greg Sliva
Respected Contributor.

I ran a CHECK via Environment workbench. Here are the results.

SSH version received from remote host: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.3
SSH version sent to remote host: SSH-2.0-1.0 Kintana SSH client

The remote destination server looks to be OK with version 4.3, but I am concerned with the Open SSH on the PPM server itself. SSH-2.0-1.0 Kintana SSH client

I am assuming that could be the problem???

Greg Sliva
Respected Contributor.

ran ssh -V on ppm server. Resolves to OpenSSH version 4.2p1.

The remote machine has OpenSSH_4.3p2

Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Both of those versions are in the supported list.  The other situation I mentioned earlier is also running 4.3p2 on the target machines.  I don't know if this is the issue, but it's something else to consider.

Greg Sliva
Respected Contributor.

I have found if I change the base path of my Source environment to be just "/', then the directory chooser works. Any other base path errors with the message I described above.

Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

There weren't any spaces in the base path were there?

Greg Sliva
Respected Contributor.

No spaces in base path. Although just having a base path of "/" works and displays the other directories, if you try to drill down into those directories, it will not allow you.

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Does the id you are connecting with have read access to the directories you are trying to drill down to?

Greg Sliva
Respected Contributor.

Yes. We are using applmgr account which has all access to these areas. If we set the environment transfer protocol to FTP or FTP(Active) we have no problems viewing the dirs through the directory chooser. I would leave it this way, but we encounter other issues with it since all our other environments are set to SCP2 and when there is a transfer the file gets curupt with escape characters or carriage retruns.

Greg Sliva
Respected Contributor.
Solution

HP has provided a BUG fix for this. debug_45827.zip. It resolves the issue with the validation "VC - Directory Chooser" and allows you to use SCP2 as your transfer protocol when running a seeded report for CHECK IN. There is another bug identified with this pacth that displays all the upper level directories when drilling down through.

skbd
Super Contributor.

I realize that this is an old thread, but I am running into this same issue now on version 9.13.

I patched our DEV installation up to 9.14_05 but that had no effect on this issue.

I am unable to find the patch you reference searching on their site.  Do you know if this is still available and would it apply to a version 9.13 (Our prod instance is still at 9.13)?

Thanks,

Steve