We have moved many servers to Linux and found that if we setup the new Environments in PPM and set the transfer protocol to SecureCopy2 the Directory Chooser will error out with the following. If we set the Transfer Protocol to FTP it is fine. Any advice?
A PPM server plugin internal error has occurred. Please contact HP Project and Portfolio Management support if the problem persists. (KNTA-10191)
I just another thought. One client I worked with had an issue with SCP once. The way they fixed it was to change the Character Set for the environment and then set it back to what it should be. While it did show a value in the workbench, there wasn't really one in the database. I had seen other instances where the Char Set wasn't set correctly after upgrading to 8+.
I am not following. Can you provide some more insight. Do you mean the Stream Encoding for the environment setups in the Workbench? We have them set to UTF-8 and did recognize after the upgrade that even though the Workbench showed the value, the db tables did not. We resolved that. Is this what you are describing? Thanks for you help. Much appreciated.
Yes, that was what I was referring to, so since you have already addressed this, it's not the cause of the problem. I'm not sure what the problem here is. Have you tried creating your own directory choose validation to see if that may work?
Can you find out the Open-SSH version information on the target Linux servers? I've just been conversing with another associate I work with and he is experiencing the same thing where the targer systems are Linux.
Both of those versions are in the supported list. The other situation I mentioned earlier is also running 4.3p2 on the target machines. I don't know if this is the issue, but it's something else to consider.
Yes. We are using applmgr account which has all access to these areas. If we set the environment transfer protocol to FTP or FTP(Active) we have no problems viewing the dirs through the directory chooser. I would leave it this way, but we encounter other issues with it since all our other environments are set to SCP2 and when there is a transfer the file gets curupt with escape characters or carriage retruns.
HP has provided a BUG fix for this. debug_45827.zip. It resolves the issue with the validation "VC - Directory Chooser" and allows you to use SCP2 as your transfer protocol when running a seeded report for CHECK IN. There is another bug identified with this pacth that displays all the upper level directories when drilling down through.