The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Management. data centers, and time zones

Highlighted
oltsm
Acclaimed Contributor

Deployment Management. data centers, and time zones

We would like to use HP PPM Deployment Management to push production-approved application patches to data centers in different time zones at different times. We'd also like the package to execute only in data centers where it is welcome, having it determine automatically that it should execute in data centers X and Z but not Y. A few pointers to relevant documentation or techniques would be very much appreciated. My initial thoughts had to do with clever use of app codes and token evaluation on workflow steps. It should be noted that all of our pre-production environments are in my time zone only, we want to perform all the prep work locally, and we don't intend to duplicate those pre-production environments in the other ones.
1 REPLY
oltsm
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Deployment Management. data centers, and time zones

Quite likely the answer is already staring me in the face:

• Use of app codes to introduce variations in the basic deployment process;
  • Two separate deployment objects in the same package, scheduled to run at different times.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event