Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Dependent Field

Highlighted
mridula
Regular Contributor.

Dependent Field

Need to create dependent fields in HP PPM. I have tried it throught the User data in workbench but the its not coming in the user interface as the user is still able to select any of the items from the dependent field.
4 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Dependent Field

Hi. This feature will be available in version 7.5, as far as I know. With earlier versions you would have to save the request after filling the first field, then you could use an sql validation for the second that checks for the value in the first field.
Regards
Sascha
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Hi, you could always create rule in request type that sets value of the field depending on another field.
See attached example - this rule sets field GEMB_ITBA_EMAIL field value to email address according to selected user in field IT Business Analyst.
You cannot change fields status dependencies according to their values - this feature will come in 7.5.
mridula
Regular Contributor.

Hi,
Can we do the dependencies through creating auto completed list field. For example if field B is dependent on field A then can we creat both the fields as auto complete list and in the SQL query field write down the conditions that need to follow during the depencies?

Please sugget
Thanks.
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

From your last comment I suppose you want to limit values (in the list) available for field B according to value of the field A

Solution:
Field A token: TOKENA
Field B token: TOKENB

For Field B validation choose Auto Complete List as Component Type, validated by SQL- Custom and in SQL use code:
SELECT , FROM WHERE ="[REQD.P.TOKENB]"

Replace <> with your specific values. Please note that [REQD.P.TOKENB] is a hidden value for Field B. If you want to make condition according to visible value (this displayed in PPM GUI use [REQD.VP.TOKENB].

Hope this helps.