cancel

Demand Mgt: Request Rules Question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Scott Hawley
Regular Contributor.

Demand Mgt: Request Rules Question

I'm trying to update a rule and add a 5th dependency but can't find the field name in the list.

It is a new field which I just created in the Request Header Type. Yes, I've saved and I even logged out and back in, but it still isn't showing it as an option.

Is there a 4 dependency maximum?

Thanks,
Scott
6 REPLIES
Alexandru Saven
Super Contributor.

Re: Demand Mgt: Request Rules Question

Hi Scott,

what kind of field are you trying yo include in the dependency? Not all types of fields can be included in the dependencies list, for example table components, staffing profiles, budgets.

check the demand management configuration guide if this is the case.

Cheers
Alex
Kari Sweeney
Trusted Contributor.

I'm having the same problem.....I want to create a rule where the dependecy field is a Text Area-4000. But the field does not show up in the list. Is this a limitation?

-Kari
Scott Hawley
Regular Contributor.

The fifth field I'm trying to add is a new field I created in the Request Header. It is in the RFC Summary section, called "Ignore Date When Calculating Priority:", and uses validation "Radio Buttons (Y/N)".

I read the entire section on Rules in the Demand Management PDF and didn't see anything that helped.

Do any of you know why this new field isn't an option to add it as a dependency to an existing rule?

Thanks,
Scott
Dale Colliver
Super Contributor.
Solution

I have had the same problem in the past. I believe that radio buttons are not valid for dependancy rules. I switched to a yes/no drop down list and wrote the rule then switched back to radio button. caveat.. this is from memory. I did not try to validate.
Scott Hawley
Regular Contributor.

That was exactly it.

I changed it to a yes/no drop down and it is now available.

Thanks!
Scott
Dale Colliver
Super Contributor.

After I created the dependency with the field as a y/n drop down, I was able to change back y/n radio button and the rule still worked. Let me know if you ever find that in the documentation!!