Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Management Rule Error

Highlighted
Peter Zehrer
Collector

Demand Management Rule Error

HI,

We have recently moved to PPMC 8.0 version and when trying to save a Project getting an error message "Rule Failed to Execute".

I did verify the rule it seems to be fine and populating the value in the other field as needed. But when i try to save getting an error message.

Admin user does not get this error. Any inputs would be appreciated.

Please see the attached screenshot for your reference.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

10 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Re: Demand Management Rule Error

Could you post the Rule definition?

Peter Zehrer
Collector

Hi Jason,

Below is the rule defination.

select to_number('[REQD.T.CT_COST_DETAILS.TC.P.CT_TOTAL_INTERNAL_HOURS.TOTAL]'),to_number('[REQD.T.CT_COST_DETAILS.TC.P.CT_TOTAL_INTERNAL_HOURS.TOTAL]') from dual

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Peter Zehrer
Collector

Please ignore my previous reply. Below is the rule defination.

select to_number( nvl('[REQD.T.CT_COST_DETAILS.TC.P.CT_TOTAL_INTERNAL_HOURS.TOTAL]','0'))
, to_number( nvl('[REQD.T.CT_COST_DETAILS.TC.P.CT_TOTAL_INTERNAL_HOURS.TOTAL]','0')) from dual

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

The formatting of the SQL and the Tokens look fine. Are there any error messages in the log file that may give a better clue to why it doesn't want to run the Rule?
Peter Zehrer
Collector

Hi,

I could not see anything in log file. Any thing else that i nedd to check. or do we need to apply any patches on 8.0 version to avoid this kind of issues.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

You could check out the release notes for SP4 (it would have the notes for all of the 8.0 service packs) to see if anything relates to your problem. You should install either SP3 or SP4, though, as they contained fixes for many problems. The upgrade paths for SP3 and SP4 to 9.1 are different, though, so you may want to look at that before picking one. If you stay with the original 8.0 release, you need to accept the fact that there will be problems and the only way to get them fixed is to upgrade.

hyllplan
Frequent Visitor

make sure that target field has everyone read/write and is editable. If that works,re- apply needed settings one by one. Ive seen rules not firing properly because of security, dispite that should be handled by the "system". This behaviour seems to change between service packs and releases.
Peter Zehrer
Collector

Hi,

Field permessions is set to All Users (Visible To: All users, Editable To: All users). should this be changed?

Thanks,

vamsee.

Peter Zehrer
Collector

I was able to resolve this by changing the Rule event to "Apply Before Transistion". But this is not what i wanted.

Do any of you know the resolution for this.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Niraj Prabhu
Frequent Visitor

Vamsee,

What was the original Rule event?
Niraj P.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event