The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delimit access to attached files to task

Highlighted
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Delimit access to attached files to task

Good Day All.
I use 7.5. sp 4
We need delimit access to attached files to task in work plans.
How it possible?
Thanks in advice!!!
3 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Delimit access to attached files to task

Hi.
Attachments don't have an own security model, so if a user has access to the parent entity (task, request etc.) he will have access to attached documents too. Read access lets him download/open them, write access lets him modify/delete them.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Sascha,thanks.
I have next question: why all users what have pm license and view end edit projects (edit not all projects) access grant can delete any docs attached to project. But this user not a manager on this project? This is bug or design?
Thanks in advice!!!!!!
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Hi.
As far as I know the access to attachments of the project itself is determined be the access configuration to the project details request type. If the user is able to edit the request, he also will be able to edit/delete references to the project. If the user maybe is stakeholder only, he does not necessarily have access to the project detials and references tabs at all.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event