The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of a Task in MSP - Getting error while uploading the workplan to PPM

Highlighted
Shravya
Occasional Advisor

Deletion of a Task in MSP - Getting error while uploading the workplan to PPM

Hi All,

We've been testing the scenario where

a PPM proj is set up with shared control integraion with MS Proj
The MS Proj Plan is created and uploaded to PPM
a task is subsequently deleted from the MS work plan

I did a quick test of this today and got the following error...not sure if the errors are consistent.

Have scanned the User Guide and can't find anything specific on this scenario.

Could you people have any guidance to offer ?

Attaching the screenshots.

Thanks,

Sravya

2 REPLIES
kwood55
Frequent Visitor

Re: Deletion of a Task in MSP - Getting error while uploading the workplan to PPM

We use MSProject Controlled mode. I am not an expert on shared mode.

In shared mode can you:

- Delete the Task from PPM, then delete the Task in MSP, now synchronize.

or

- Can you delete the work plan from PPM, then delete the task in MSP, now push the workplan from MSP.

wingor
Occasional Advisor

Re: Deletion of a Task in MSP - Getting error while uploading the workplan to PPM

Hi kwood55,

I'm working with Sravya on this one.  In Shared Control mode,  all the edit buttons in PPM workplan are grayed out.  The design is for planned information to reside in MS Project,  Actuals information to reside in PPM.    The problem with deleting the work plan is that there are actuals against it.  I don't think PPM will let you delete without removing the actuals which includes task progress and time reported at the Project Level in our configuration.  

So we seem stuck,  if PMs are unable to delete a task in MS Project,  doubt the integration would be of much value to them.

Appreciate your input,  open to other ideas you or anyone else on the board might have.

Thanks

Randy

Thanks
Randy Wingo
Sealed Air Corporation
email:randy.wingo@sealedair.com
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event