Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Resource from task in WorkPlan

Highlighted
Alex Madison
Super Collector

Deleting Resource from task in WorkPlan

Hi,
I have a project which has been set to be controlled by Microsoft Project.
We have disabled the setting for: Actual Effort in the Work Plan and Scheduled Effort in the Work Plan. On the "Resource Load Settings" section, the setting: 'Enter actuals directly on the staffing profile' is being used.
When I make changes to workplan in MS Project by deleting a resource from a task, it generates the following error:
Task Error: Can not remove resource from task
One or more resources that have been removed from task "TASK" have actuals for the task in PPM. Please restore the removed resource(s) in your Microsoft Project workplan and synchronize again.

In summary, even though I have disabled "Track Actual Effort per resource assignment", "Use Scheduled Effort during planning", it is not allowing me to delete a resource from the workplan task.
This is good for tasks which are scheduled to start at a later date. Time Management is not being used for this project. Since the workplan is just used for planning purpose, and with all the above settings, including tracking actuals being disabled, why is it still not allowing to delete a resource?
How would I delete or add a resource to a workplan task?
Please help and advice.
Thanks,
Alex.
2 REPLIES
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Re: Deleting Resource from task in WorkPlan

Hi Alex,

Even if it microsoft controlled, whenever you are synchronizing with PPM, it will migrate along with Actuals or Percent Complete or both. So thats the reason it is having some actuals in PPM.

If it is a one time task and you can do that manually, making the PPM plan to PPM controlled and removing the actuals for those resources you want to delete from the workplan and delete the resource from the task both in PPM and MSP.

Again Change it back to MSP controlled and try synchronizing it.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Deleting Resource from task in WorkPlan

Hi Alex,

There's a blurb about this in the release notes of SP4 (for PPM 7.5). Apparently, it is a bug in the synchronization with MSP that is fixed by SP4.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event