Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Delete workflow steps

Highlighted
Sergi2304
Frequent Contributor.

Delete workflow steps

Hi,

¿Does anybody know how can I delete a workflow step or hide it?

I can't use a workflow copy, I need it to be the same one.

I'm using PPM 7.1 SP4.

Thank you in advance.
9 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Delete workflow steps

Delete all the requests which had passed through that Workflow step.

After deleting all the passed requests, You will be able to delete the step.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sergi2304
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for your answer Mahendran, but I can't delete all the requests that has passed throught that step, reports and portlets extracts information about them.

Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

you can't delete a workflow step as long as requests which have passed the step exists.

The only thing you can do is:
removing all transistions to and from this step and leave the step in the workflow. try moving a other step over the "disabled" step for hidding it.

Regards
Volker
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yep Volker is right, You can hide the Old step behind a active step. If the old step is seen even after hiding at the back, Try using your own Workflow step icon, Use a big icon so that the old step disappears.

I am not sure why you want to delete the step.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can disable a step that you no longer require. You can also edit a step and set it's Display option to 'Only When Active' or 'Never'.
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Hi Erik,

you can hide the step from the request's status section with your configuration. But it is still visible in the "graphical workflow view" linked with the request.

To hide it there you must it configure like Mahendran's approach.

Regards
Volker

Sergi2304
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

It's an automatic step which functionality has been changed by a manual decision step.
So, I'm inserting a new step and trying to delete the old one.

Hiding the step under the new step doesn't work, sometimes in the graphical view it's shown upside, others downside. PPM seems to have no logic in showing one or another step.

I'm affraid there's no solution except of leaving the step alone in a workflow corner and changing it's name to "I'm hidding".

Thanks anyway,
Sergi
Kari Sweeney
Trusted Contributor.

Rather than trying to hide our disabled workflow steps behind others, we move them way down to the far lower right corner of the workflow screen. (so far that you have to scroll down a bit to get there).
So when a user views the graphical view of a workflow, they don't see them unless they were to scroll way down in the graphical view, which most user won't do.

-Kari
Jyotir ++
Super Contributor.

Hi Sergi2304 ,

If you are not able to delete the requests using that specific workflow then you have only option of migration to replace the workflow.Do all the changes as per requirement in any of your Development or Training Env and then migrate that fresh workflow to your target Environment.

Hope it will help you.

Back Again,
Jyotir