Did you mean: 

Delegation

Highlighted
Alexander (Sua)
Regular Collector

Delegation

Hello, everyone

There are some questions about delegation
1. Is it possibe to hide button "Delegate decision" from request layout page?
2. Does anyone have success story of using ksc_move_request_workflow command with EVENT_NAME=APPROVAL_DELEGATE

We need it because original delegation:
- doesn't send notification to user who gets decision rights via delegation
- impossible to filter users while choosing a user for delegation

Thanks for advance
5 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Delegation

Hi Sua,

I have a question and answer for you :)

Answer for your 2.question is "Yes I have a success story" what is your root cause ?

Question for your 1.question is "How could you show Delegate Decision button in your request?" As far as I know, PPM doesn't have default any delegation system (except time sheet approving delegation).
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Alexander (Sua)
Regular Collector

Hello, Celil

First of all
We use Decision Required setting = AT LEAST ONE for many Decision sources in our workflow. so, there is a possibility to delegate decision rights on a workflow step.

1. About hiding - I suspect that there is no simple solution.
2. About using ksc_move_request_workflow command with EVENT_NAME=APPROVAL_DELEGATE. The domain is Demand Management. The case is ...
On a step (lets name it "original step") where user wants to delegate his/her decision right to another one, he/she presses decision button and workflow goes to a brach where
a. 1st step - User chooses a person who sould get decision rights
b. 2nd step - execution step where using command ksc_move we set new executor for original step
So, I supposed that ksc_move command format must be ...
ksc_move_request_workflow
REQUEST_ID="[REQUEST_ID]"
FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="[original step number]"
EVENT_NAME="APPROVAL_DELEGATE"
DELEGATE_TO_USER_ID="[DELEGATE_TO_USER_ID]"

I tried this, but nothig happend
Note: [DELEGATE_TO_USER_ID] doesn't have permissions (until delegation) on original step
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sua,

I couldn't see any mistake in your clause. To find root cause;

1)
Can you look at these tables to reveal the real problem:
knta_interface_errors
kwfl_transactions_int

2)
If you couldn't see any error could you try it with kcrt_request_util.move_request_workflow db procedure. Than look these tables again.

Celil
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
IBayraktar
Super Collector

b. 2nd step - execution step where using command ksc_move we set new executor for original step

So, I supposed that ksc_move command format must be ...
ksc_move_request_workflow 
REQUEST_ID="[REQUEST_ID]"
FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="[original step number]"
EVENT_NAME="APPROVAL_DELEGATE"
DELEGATE_TO_USER_ID="[DELEGATE_TO_USER_ID]"

As I know ksc_move_request_workflow command will only work if the user whom call it has security on the source step and destination step (workflow step -> security tab). 

So maybe after delegation your user has permision on source step, but not on destination step that's why nothing happend I think (of cource if it is possible to use delegation with this command).

best regards,

Islam

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

regarding #1, I am quoting the documentation:

The system does not provide any method for you to hide the "Delegate decision" button for workflow steps where the "Decision Required" option is set to "At Least One" or to "All."
PPM Center version 9.14 Introduce a parameter (com.kintana.core.server.WF_DISABLE_DELEGATE_DECISION_STEP) to determine whether to hide the Delegate decision button or not. You can hide the
Delegate decision button by setting this parameter to true. If this parameter is not set or set to false, the "Delegate decision" button will be displayed. (QCCR1L40782).

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event