Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Decision Drop Down List by SQL with Tokens

Highlighted
MidrangeSupport
Contributor.

Decision Drop Down List by SQL with Tokens

Hi All

I was wondering whether anyone has been able to make a decision work with tokens other than the SYS tokens?

Regards
Charles
4 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Decision Drop Down List by SQL with Tokens

Charles,

Could you explain a little more what you are trying to accomplish? I can think of a couple of scenarios that your question may be referring to, but I'd rather know specifically before expounding on them all.

Jason
MidrangeSupport
Contributor.

Hi

What I am trying to do is display the list of actions based on two things

1. Which security group the user belongs (ie: two groups should have access to one of the buttons all the time on this decision workflow step)

2. The security group the request is assigned to (this can be either the same security group above or a different one).

An example of the this is.

Security Groups
A,B - have access to the single button all the time for the decision step.

C - Only has access to the other buttons when the ticket is assigned.

Users
D - belongs to Security Group A.

Ticket 1 - is assigned to security C but User D still has access to all the buttons not just one of the buttons.

I have tried using the REQ.REQUEST_ID token but it doesn't seem to be parsed.

M Santosh Kumar
Valued Contributor.

Hi MidranageSupport,

Have a autocomplete list valiation for transition on the decision step, based on who logged in (i.e. [SYSUSERID]) needs to showup only required button values. This need to be achieved through SQL query in validation.

Thanks,
Kumar
MidrangeSupport
Contributor.

Hi Kumar

As I stated in my previous post, I have three scenarios, not just On/Off but partial.

I can get it to correctly parse the SYS.USER_ID token but I am unsuccessful with either the REQ.ASSIGNED_TO_GROUP_ID token or any of the REQD tokens.

Has anyone been able to get these tokens to work on workflow events?

Regards
Charles