Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight Savings Time

Highlighted
Dale Colliver
Regular Collector

Daylight Savings Time

I can see the dates for start and end of DST in the server config report but so far I have not found where to change them. If the server is in the same time zone and the server time is correct is it necessary to set the DST dates in PPM?
6 REPLIES
Alan Delimon
Regular Collector

Re: Daylight Savings Time

I recall reading in the server admin guide that there is a parameter that controls the EDT/DST parameter:
com.kintana.core.server.TIME_ZONE

We have that set, and ours is off by an hour from April-November. In November it is OK again. the comments above it say:
# The time zone of database used by the Kintana Server.
# THIS SETTING SHOULD BE LEFT BLANK unless the database
# is not in the same time zone as the Kintana Server.
# In the event they differ, this property should be set to a
# valid 3-digit standard time zone (e.g. PST, MST, CST, EST,
# GMT, etc.). Please contact Kintana Support
# if assistance is required. Do not use daylight savings
# modified timeszones (such as EDT or PDT).
#

So you can just leave it blank if you're in the same time zone as your Oracle DB and get the time from there. If not you'll have to adjust it per the comments.
Dale Colliver
Regular Collector

I have pasted in lines from the Server Config report in the workbench. Note the lines with server.tz. These do not appear on the server.conf file and the Timezone is blank in server.conf. The dates on the DST start and end config lines are the problem but I can not find where to maintain them. Are they coming directly from the OS? I know that as of this Sunday the time will be right until 10/25 and then will be wrong for a week again. I can not find anything more than what you cited in the Sys Admin manual.

com.kintana.core.server.TIME_ZONE America/Los_Angeles
com.kintana.core.server.tz_DAYLIGHT_SAVINGS_ID PST
com.kintana.core.server.tz_DST_END_DATE 10/25
com.kintana.core.server.tz_DST_START_DATE 4/5
com.kintana.core.server.tz_IS_TIME_ZONE_DEFAULTED true
com.kintana.core.server.tz_STANDARD_ID PST
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

The server configuration values I see on our servers are:

com.kintana.core.server.tz_DAYLIGHT_SAVINGS_ID CST
com.kintana.core.server.tz_DST_END_DATE 11/1
com.kintana.core.server.tz_DST_START_DATE 3/8
com.kintana.core.server.tz_IS_TIME_ZONE_DEFAULTED true
com.kintana.core.server.tz_STANDARD_ID CST

What patch level are you running? We have 6.0 SP14. If my memory is correct, I believe Mercury had fixes in SP11 for the daylight savings time schedule changes when the dates were moved.
Cesar Roque
Regular Collector

You can set those parameters at the server.conf, only add them set the correct values, run the kUpdateHtml command and bounce the service.

After that run again a report and you will see the changes.

Dale Colliver
Regular Collector

I put the tz parms in the config file using the GUI and generated the file. It reports 0 files generated. Looking directly at the server.conf file I see the new values, but the configuration report shows the old values still and the time is still off. If there server and DB times are both correct is there a config setting that just allows ITG(PPM) to use server time rather than override it? Is this stuff documented anywhere. The Sys Admin guide is inadequate. BTW I am running 6.0 SP15.
Dale Colliver
Regular Collector

It turns out that the problem is a missing Java patch for the DST date change. Thank you everyone for your help.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event