The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of schedule from tasks

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Date of schedule from tasks

Good Day.
I have an hardly task:
i need resive date of schedule from task for resources (same possibility allow from assignmen resource load portlet) sach as actual date form TS. I know effort and duration.
Effort.day=effort/duration.How can i get date for this effort.
Thanks in advice
13 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Date of schedule from tasks

Hi,
can you give us some more details? Do you mean the information in the details view of the assignment load page?
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi!
I mean that i need resive date of schedul effort sach as date of actual effort from TS.
I don't know how it's possible but allow good example - analize assignment load portlet with periobs-day. This portlet show scheduled efoort ti each day.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advice
Alexei Malinovs
Regular Collector

Hi Alexander,

I'f I understood you right you want to get ammount of scheduled hours for certain resource with certain task at certain day.

Formula "1 Day effort = Total Effort/Duration in days" is not very correct since we do not take into account personal and regional calendars in here. If you want to take into account personal and regional calendars while calculating scheduled effort per day per resource per task it is not a trivial task and will require some programming.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alexei,
Such is indeed the case. With standatr tools it's impossible. I need any help.
May be enybody have a same task or salve same task.
Thanks
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hi again,
I'm still not a 100% sure what you need, but would the table krsc_work_item_assignments contain what you are looking for? I thing, the assignment load page is based on this too.
hth
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Sascha, thanks.
This table store load from request. I need load from tasks.
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

The reference documentation says it stores both:
This table contains a copy of all the Assignment information from Projects,
Requests, and Staffing Profiles. The relevant data is de-normalized (and preprocessed)
into this table and kept up to date asynchronously by the server.
This table serves as the data source for the Workload information in the Resource Management visualizations (available from the Resource
Management menu).

So far we only used the standard means (assignment load page), so I did not use the data in the table myself yet.
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

KRSC_WORK_ITEMS_BY_USER_V contains project task information...
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for All.
But my task is:
user |date | Schedule Effort
semenov-as|01/02/2009| 2
semenov-as|02/02/2009| 2
semenov-as|03/02/2009| 2
and next...
This inf need for sending it's(effort/per day) to cross tab and resive schedul load for variouse periods.
For example if i need resive schedul efforf from 02.06.2009 to 31.12.2009 i need:
-or do 6 runs of report
-or do 6 subreport

For actual effort task is complet:
each ect eff have date. But shed effort have't this date and i can resive datas only for any range with useng very mush formulas.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi Alexander,

We're working on a similar requirement here. You're welcome to work with what I have so far, I attached the SQL.

It de-normalizes task effort into work days. It builds the work days by taking calendar days and removing weekends and US holidays. (You can change the locale by using a different CALENDAR_ID)

You can see it is a simple SE/duration and does not consider any actual effort.

It does not consider resource calendars, but I would like to have it use project & resource calendars in the future.

Hope this helps...
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Erik, Many Thanks.
This is that i need.
You realy Wizard!!!!
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all.
Semenov Alexand