Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing the standard interface

Highlighted
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Customizing the standard interface

Hi guys, I am trying to change the color HPE "green" to something else like bright red. Just changing CSS files does not seem to do the trick. The scripts I have been using for older PPM versions will probably not work at all, this is 9.40. Who has a good approach or even done that with recent versions? Regards Sascha
4 REPLIES
MIF
Occasional Contributor

Re: Customizing the standard interface

Hi Sascha,

Just changing the CSS files should do the trick to some degree. You can find CSS files in dashboard.war and itg.war directories.

What I mean by saying "to some degree" is that you should also change some pics to support a complete design integrity.
For example green menu arrow pic is menu_arrow.png.

There is no need, in server side, for a restart after changes. JSP and CSS changes immediately reflected. For the client side browser cache might need to be reset by CTRL+F5. Proxy caches as well.

Regards,
MIF Consultancy 

MIF Software & Consultancy - Istanbul
http://www.mif.com.tr
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Hi MIF Consultancy,

that's what I thought, but I guess there must me color information in more places. I did replace them in CSS files and I know there are images that need adjustment.

But the result looks like the color has been replaced in some places (like horizontal bars in search pages), but not in others (like horizontal bars on portlets in dashboads).

Greetings

Sascha

MIF_Consultancy
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Sascha,

Dashboard related css and images are in:
./dashboard.war/static/arch/css and .../dashboard.war/static/arch/images directories respectively.

For that specific example you have to change:
...css/must/gradient_portlet_title.png image.

General speaking you can find should be change item by looking at HTML codes.

Regards,

MIF Consultancy 

Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Great! That's it!

The horizontal line is a scaled PNG image. Makes sense.... no.

Thank you for your help.

Sascha

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event