Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising Menu in 8.0 (Create Risk, Create Issue etc)

Highlighted
saiskt
Regular Collector

Customising Menu in 8.0 (Create Risk, Create Issue etc)

Recently we have completed with an upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0. In 7.5 we had customised menu such as create issue, create risk but after the upgrade these customised menu is no more avaiable. We would like to have the Menu back in 8.0. Please help in how to customise the Menu.
6 REPLIES
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Customising Menu in 8.0 (Create Risk, Create Issue etc)

Zuria
Occasional Contributor

Hi saiskt,

We had the same problem. In PPM 8.00 the old menu files are not used anymore, and instead there is one only file for configuring the menu: menu.xls.

You have to open this file and make your menu modifications, but you cannot copy-paste from the old menu files becouse the schema of this file is different, and now it has to fit the menu.xsd schema file that is in the menus directory.

I warn you that the new menu options can not be translated, so if you have different languages you shoudn't add any new option...

Regards,

Zuria
Raka_1
Collector

I have implemented what Erik suggested and works absolutely fine for me. There have been several changes in the new menu.
saiskt
Regular Collector

Hi thanks for the information.

I tried making changes to the code as below

?Request_Type_Name = Issue

but the menu.xml is referring to the old code.

We have restarted the server but still the new changes are not getting reflected. Is it comething related to cache if yes then where should we go to clear the cache.

Please help.
saiskt
Regular Collector

Thanks for the solution. It worked perfect.
Raka_1
Collector

Can you explain me how you did it. I am now having trouble doing it for Proposals again. can you instruct me how you were able to do for Proposals
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event