The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Value Field in PFM

Highlighted
Lizabeth
Regular Collector

Custom Value Field in PFM

Hello,

We have a scoring process which we do use outside the tool to generate scores and decide if the proposal should move on to a project, I was was hoping to use the 'Custom Value Field' in the PFM Proposl Header section with its value for portfolio optamizations later.

Would this be the right approach? has anyone been using the 'Custom Value field'.

I was reading through the configuration guide and it says that the field should be updated using 'rules',can't we directly use the value computed to update the field, why are rules necessary.

Thanks for your help.
1 REPLY
Matthew Dufresn
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Custom Value Field in PFM

Hi Lizabeth,

You would use a rule to populate the value of this field if you are utilizing a formula such as payback period which calculates the value by evaluating the benefit and budget, much the same way that the ROI is calculated with a formula (ROI=Total Benefit-Total Budget). If you simply wish to have a number in the field that you type manually(i.e. it is not based on a calculation taken from other fields on the form), then you don't need to configure a rule.

Hope this helps.

M@
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event