Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom UI Rule not getting recognized

Highlighted
Arjun_K

Custom UI Rule not getting recognized

Hello,

I have a user UI rule defined in RequestRulesUserLibrary.js file which works just fine on an environment A. I moved the file to a new PPM environment, bounced the server and tried but get an error when tried using the new UI rule as below

"Invalid function name. The function entered should be defined in either RequestRulesSystemLibrary.js or RequestRulesUserLibrary.js file"

I have placed the js file under "/opt/ITG/server/ITG_SERVER/deploy/itg.war/web/knta/crt/js"

I tried compiling the JSP just to give it a shot but in vain.

Am I missing something?

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
6 REPLIES
jsalass
Frequent Visitor

Re: Custom UI Rule not getting recognized

Hi Arjun_K,

Do you know if others and the OOTB UI rules (like setVisible, etc) are having the same problem in the new environment?

Here are some things you need to check:

1. Be sure he java files aren't owned by root user. Change the ownership of JAVA_HOME and subdirectories to PPMUSER

2. Verify the BASE_URL parameter using kConfig.sh, as an example: BASE_URL is set to http://l1vritga01.etdbw.com. It should be http://l1vritga01.etdbw.com:8083. At least if you are not using an external web server.

3. Clear Java cache , browser cache.

4. Stop PPM and delete work and temp folders for all nodes and then start it again.

5. Do you know if the UI rule error happens when PPMC is integrated with SSO? Does environment A has SSO too? I asked this because it seems there is a problem with UI rules and SSO environments (depends on SSO configuration). So, probably you would need to open a ticket with PPM support to get a fix for this.

Check this and let us know.

Regards,

Jonathan

cotocald
Regular Collector

Hello!!

I have seen this issue when the destination server is running with SSO... the Workbench might be accessing the UI functions in a different way when using SSO. I suspect that you will need to give access to this file through your SSO software (SSO software usually behaves like a URL security feature).

Regards!

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Arjun_K

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply.

The issue was with multiple nodes we have! meaning - It was not working because I had the JS file copied to only one node and was testing on that node. It was weird though!

What I did was to copy the JS file on all the nodes, clear the cache, TMP and Work folders and bounce the server. Now the UI function is getting recognized and working just fine.

Thanks,

Mallikarjun.S

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
Arjun_K

Hello Cotocald,

What is it when we say Workbench is running with SSO - does it mean the user logged in using SSO (Single Sign On)?

In this case the answer is both 'Yes' & 'No'.

Meaning - I logged in to workbench without SSO and made the changes to UI Rule. However all the end users will be logged in using SSO. Do you think this is going to be an issue?

Thanks or your time,

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
cotocald
Regular Collector

Hello! 

In my case yes, what is the PPM version? R&D is currently working on this issue...

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
jramirez
Acclaimed Contributor

Hello

I need help, I have the following case:

Do I have to create a rule for this?

I have a field called type of service, and need when selecting a value in this, i get a field visible that i have on my Request type, I created the following rule but i don't know if this correctly,  attached a screenshot .

When I click in button Apply to give me the following error message: Invalid function name. Should be Entered The function defined in RequestRulesSystemLibrary.js Either or RequestRulesUserLibrary.js file.

I could help?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event