Did you mean: 

Currency signs like € are missing in portlets after upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
roxor

Currency signs like € are missing in portlets after upgrade

Hello,

i have found that after upgrade every currency is shown in portlets in text. Like USD, EUR, etc... But in PPM 7.5 we had signs like € for euro. Is there possibility to add this in version 8 somehow?

I have tried to edit regional settings but still only texts for currencies.

Thanks,

r.

3 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Currency signs like € are missing in portlets after upgrade

Hi Roxor,

when looking at the portlets (any or all), does this happen when there is more than just one currency format column in the portlet?

What happens when there is only ONE column with currency data in the portlet - does it work?

When there are more than one column in the portlet for monetary values, do you see ONE column where it is correct?

There is a known issue with that but it would be great to know if NO columns at ALL show the correct currency symbol!

Regards,

Dirk

roxor

Hello Dirk,

I have double checked it now. In every case in all types of portlets in all columns, if there is only one column ore more it doesn not make the difference everywhere is EUR and USD. I haven't seen any sign like € after upgrade.

Regrads,

r.

dirkf
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Roxor,

this is strange. Do you see the correct currency symbol on other pages in the instance correctly?

As a test, is it possible for you for one portlet to access the portlets data source and change the portlet definition for currency columns to 'TEXT' for all but one column, which stays 'CURRENCY'? If so, does the remaining 'currency'-portlet THEN show the correct symbol or still only EUR or USD?

Please also make sure that the currency is supposed to be shown according to the users settings of local or base currency according to the portlets and modules definition guide pages 45 and forwards.

Last but not least, the problem that I depicted before is solved in 8.03. I have no idea whether you are planning to upgrade to either 8.03 or 9.12 anytime soon, for which the issue is fixed, but I would test on a test-system if the problem still shows there.

If none of the above help and / or you are reluctant to upgrade to either 8.03 or 9.12, I suggest to open a support case to have further information collected and the issue analysed.

Have a great day.

Best regards,

Dirk

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event