cancel

Creation-time rule to alter the Workflow being used by the request

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
skbd
Super Contributor.

Creation-time rule to alter the Workflow being used by the request

I have a request that can have one of 2 different workflows associated with it depending upon the value in a particular field.

At creation time, I have a Yes/No dropdown that is mandatory at this point.

If the user selects 'Yes', I want one workflow, but if they select 'No', I want a different workflow.

Unfortunately, my advanced rule doesnt seem to alter anything in the Workflow selected.

I am using a SQL request to set the value of the Workflow field:

select workflow_id, workflow_name

from kwfl_workflows_nls
   where workflow_name = 'ACI Workday Inbound Request'

Unfortunately, nothing changes based upon the value in the Yes/No dropdown.  The rule is set to 'Apply on Creation', but I have also tried it based upon 'Apply on field change' as well to no avail.

Nothing seems to work, and indeed it looks as though the rule is not even firing - perhaps because this is during submission of the request?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Creation-time rule to alter the Workflow being used by the request

I would suggest altering your Rule to also include a dependency on the Request Status of Not Submitted and have it as a On Field Change Rule. This should then alter the Workflow field during that status only and you should see the change before you submit the request.
skbd
Super Contributor.

Thanks Jason - I did that earlier but took it back off when it didnt seem to affect anything.

I set my targetted status to 0.0 - Not Submitted, assuming that to be the pre-submission state.

I also neglected to mention that I am on 9.14_0005 and the console runs on a Linux 5.8 server, of those things impact this in any way.

Steve

skbd
Super Contributor.

Jason, I take it back - you were correct!

I realized that when I had been also checking the status, I was also using a simplistic SQL calling dual.

I have put the dependancy back in for the status and also changed the rule to 'Apply on field change' and now it works.

Thanks for getting me back on the right track!

Steve

Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

No worries. Glad to help.