Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Creating a project with custom information

Highlighted
Jorge Avendano
Trusted Contributor.

Creating a project with custom information

Hi,
I have a trouble, because I am creating a project through ksc_create_project command but I need carry information like "Description", "Sponsor" and other custom information created in demand process but I need in project process.

The command don't carry this kind of information.

I have two different workflows. The first capture the demand (name of proposal or project, description, comapany, business unit, etc) and the second one take the information captured by demand workflow and control every project process.

Do you know how can I take the information captured by demand (description, company and sponsor) to use in project process???

I think we can solve it modifing the command but I don't know how do it in order to work correctly.

I have checked the tables of the DB with SQL statements but any table give a relation between the request and the project.

Thank you for any support about this.
3 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Creating a project with custom information

Hi.
If you create project from propossal then for copy any custom field from prop. you need create this field in propossal. In both request type you need set this fields with same tokens, parameters and validations.
Good luck.
Jorge Avendano
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Alexander,
I have created the asme field in both request header type. Is it neceesary create them in the request type??? or can I create just in the request header type???
With the field created in request header type don't work as you said.
Zuria
Regular Contributor.

Hi Jorge,

Yes, the fields can be in the header, as long as the token is the same.

Anyway I don't understand very well when you say you have two workflows, in which workflow are you creating the project? it should be in the proposal one, so the fields with same token are automatically copied.

Regards,

Zuria