Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Creating a Time Sheet Details SQL Query

Highlighted
Stephen Cates
Trusted Contributor.

Creating a Time Sheet Details SQL Query

I have looked at all of the TM_XXX_YYY tables and cannot figure out how to associate the actual date with each actual value entered on a timesheet (TIME SHEET DETAIL) in an SQL query. I can find PERIODS but not a date for each value an individual enters on their time sheet. Any pointers would be appreciated.
10 REPLIES
EricDH
Contributor.

Re: Creating a Time Sheet Details SQL Query

There is a document called the "Supplied Entities Guide" it shows the relation ships between all the tables.
EricDH
Contributor.

Sorry gave you the wrong doc, it should be the data model guide.
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,
see attach.
Good Luck
Stephen Cates
Trusted Contributor.

I tried the SQL provide but was not that successful since there were several one-to-many (Calendar_ID and ACTUALS_ID) situations that resulted in more results than I should have gotten and I got no single day results that added up to our 8-hour-day.

I have been through the Data Model Guide and while it is mostly complete, it does not provide you with a road map as to how to extract data from which tables to get the results you want.

I am still groping to find a way to map the ACTUAL_EFFORT to a specific day of the year.

Stephen Cates
Trusted Contributor.

I have solved the riddle. Utilizing the CALENDAR_ID in TM_TIME_SHEETS (linked to ITG_COMPONENT)to get the date and using EFFORT_ORDER in TM_ACTUALS_EFFORT as a day incrementer, I can now reproduce actual values entered into timesheets. The SQL previously provided was a good stepping stone to the solution.
Erik Cole_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Stephen,

FYI you can also use the KTMG_ views to return time sheet info...

select ts.resource_full_name,tsl.work_item_set,tsl.work_item,d.actual_date,d.actual_time
from ktmg_time_sheets_v ts
join ktmg_time_sheet_lines_v tsl on tsl.time_sheet_id = ts.time_sheet_id
join ktmg_time_sheet_line_details d on (d.time_sheet_line_id = tsl.time_sheet_line_id AND d.totals_flag = 'Y')
where d.actual_time > 0
and d.actual_date >= sysdate-60
order by 1,4,3
Stephen Cates
Trusted Contributor.

Those views are not listed in my Data Model Guide, where can I find them?
Stephen Cates
Trusted Contributor.

The KTMG views do not appear to have all of the latest timesheet data and they are summing values since I am getting values > 8 (8-hours in a day)in the ACTUAL_TIME field.
Stephen Cates
Trusted Contributor.

The way that the KTMG_TIMEXXX views are summing and presenting data does not provide me with the detail that I need and I am able to get with my SQL.

Thanks for the pointer to the views though....I will explore them further.
Stephen Cates
Trusted Contributor.

I have solved the riddle. Utilizing the CALENDAR_ID in TM_TIME_SHEETS (linked to ITG_COMPONENT)to get the date and using EFFORT_ORDER in TM_ACTUALS_EFFORT as a day incrementer, I can now reproduce actual values entered into timesheets. The SQL previously provided was a good stepping stone to the solution.