The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Report from a Request Workflow

Highlighted
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Creating a Report from a Request Workflow

Has anyone been able to launch a Report from an execution step in a workflow of Request Type?
7 REPLIES
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Re: Creating a Report from a Request Workflow

Hi Jason,

I have a word doc created from the request and there will be a link for the created doc in the request.

will this work.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Not exactly. I have a client that wants to have the PMO - Project Status Report automatically created when the PMO - Project Status Request is approved. As you can see, the JSP Report is already built, and we've already added the fields to the Request Type that correspond to the Filter Fields on the Report Type. It's just that trying to run the ksc_run_jsp_report throws an Invalid Column Index error. I've even specified each of the "filter fields" as parameters to the jsp and it still doesn't work.
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi Jason,

So you have already created a RT for capturing the status and a Report type as well. Your problem is tat you need to think of a better solution to kickoff the report. There are 2 options which i can think of.
1) Set a time in every week (if it is weekly extract), say for example monday 9:00 AM, and run the jsp report.
2) Create a custom table which audits the request type for reports created or not. Run the JSP report every 1 hour or so which reads the custom table to look for requests for which reports are not created.

Will this work for u.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

I posed the scheduled running of the report but that's not what they want. They want the report to be accessible as soon as the Project Status Report Request is approved. We're looking into modifying the existing JSP to load up the parameter values manually instead of using the OOTB rpt:loadReportParameters function. This way, the rest of the SQL and output and still be used and we just create the link to this new report inside in the Request.
Mamta_1
Super Collector

Hi Jason,

I am also trying to run the JSP report from a workflow execution date.

I see from the post that you are using ksc_run_jsp. I am on 7.1 but i cant see this command in the available special commands.
Could you please share what do you pass while running the report?

Thanks in advance,
Mamta
Tpower88
Occasional Advisor

Spoiler

I was unable to create a report by calling the ksc_create_report function from a workflow step, HP Support also confirmed that they were unable to do it either.  So being a creative PPM resource I figured we could create a scheduled report that would run in one minute, so that's what we did.  We have a function that creates a scheduled report and also attaches the report as a URL reference.  I can share it with you if you still need it.

Ted

prvjunior
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to do the same thing. Can you share with that function, please.

Regards.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event