Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Creating Security Groups from request

Highlighted
p.rodriguez
Frequent Contributor.

Creating Security Groups from request

Hello,

Can security groups be created from a request? And a user? All the fields for both of them can be fullfil (even User Data Fields) with the request?

Thank you very much in advance.
4 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Creating Security Groups from request

I think, Mahendran did something like that some time ago. He posted even a documentation on this. It was done with pl/sql execution steps.
Michael.Ebert
Super Contributor.

We created users with execution steps.
I haven't found the code, but have a look at report 'Import Users' and documentation for open API.
Run insert statements into knta_users_int
and start 'ksc_run_plsql_procedure KNTA_USER_INT.Run_Import' like report 'Import Users'

Regards
Michael
p.rodriguez
Frequent Contributor.

We are gonna use that for creating users, but for security groups we need to specify a custom field (User Data Field), and I think it cannot be created through knta_users_int, am I right?. So, I guess it can be done with OOTB functionality.
Thank you very much.
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

We have found that running two instances of the Import Users process simultaleously can hang a process on a database lock. Any additional executions will also hang. The application must be stopped and restarted to clear the problem.

The problem is easy to reproduce and we have reported it to HP. Their response is, "don't do that." We handle this by scheduling reports to run at half hour increments. When we ran with a higher frequency, even as long as 10 minutes, we occasionally saw the hangs.