Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating/Deleting Budget (Cost) Line in Financial Summary from Back-end

Highlighted
SureshR
Regular Collector

Creating/Deleting Budget (Cost) Line in Financial Summary from Back-end

Hi,

How can I create/delete the budget(cost) line in financial summary from back-end. Is there any Java APIs or something else which will helpful to me.

Cheers!

6 REPLIES
chandrajit1988
Occasional Contributor

Re: Creating/Deleting Budget (Cost) Line in Financial Summary from Back-end

You need to delete it from database directly for the particular record from table kcst_budget_lines

Regards,

Chandrajit

roxor

Hello,

In my opinion doing this directly in database is not good idea. Everything is connected with everything and direct update of database can cause issues.

Take a look for HP PPM web services. I think that there might be possibility to do what you need. You can find more details in WebServices Programmers pdf guide for version 8.0. There are mentioned couple of method for handling of Finantial Summaries.

Kind regards,

r.

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Suresh,

I second the opinion that you shouldn't delete ANYTHING from backend unless support / RnD tells you to do so and how. If you break references on backend you'll be in big trouble.

Regards,

Dirk

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, Suresh,

using web services you can also create a new line with the same amount as the line you wish to delete, but with negative value, thus providing traceability.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
SureshR
Regular Collector

Hi All,

Thanks all for your valuable comments. I know about that this can only be done via web services, but I have never used the same. Can someone please send me any example file or tutorial on Financial summary web services on my email id meetsurraturi@gmail.com. This is highly appreciate.

Cheers!

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, Suresh,

PPM Web Services samples and documentation are bundled with HP PPM - check out the Web Services Guide doc and Web Services Programmer's Guide document.

PPM Web Services examples are included in your PPM instance - the above documents point out the path to the zip file on the server.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event